Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#85164 by thusband
Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 pm
I've had my Ooma Telo for about two months and love it but lately have had a problem with a Ooma handset.

I have an existing phone plugged into Ooma with a wireless handset. I also have two Ooma handsets. The No. 2 Ooma handset keeps turning off. I leave it in the cradle and after a period of time the screen goes blank. The blue cradle light is on. Picking it up doesn't turn it on. I start pushing buttons in no special sequence and it will say, "Searching". After a few seconds it's on and works fine. Put it back in the cradle and after several hours it's off again. The phone is about 30 feet away from my router but the No. 1 Ooma handset is too and it's on all the time.

Any hints?

Thanks
#85174 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:17 pm
thusband wrote:I've had my Ooma Telo for about two months and love it but lately have had a problem with a Ooma handset.

I have an existing phone plugged into Ooma with a wireless handset. I also have two Ooma handsets. The No. 2 Ooma handset keeps turning off. I leave it in the cradle and after a period of time the screen goes blank. The blue cradle light is on. Picking it up doesn't turn it on. I start pushing buttons in no special sequence and it will say, "Searching". After a few seconds it's on and works fine. Put it back in the cradle and after several hours it's off again. The phone is about 30 feet away from my router but the No. 1 Ooma handset is too and it's on all the time.

Any hints?

Thanks

The first thing that you could try is a factory reset:

Telo Handset Factory Reset:
On your telo handset, perform a Telo handset factory reset:

1.Hold down red button until handset goes off(about 3 sec)
2.Press the red power button & before the display lights up to the menu(should be white display), hold down the zero key & left soft key at the same time (left soft key is the button above the green phone key)
3. Handset will be in registration mode & can be re-registered to the Ooma Telo.