Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#84844 by TTB
Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:57 am
I currently use Vonage for business calls. When I travel I take my laptop with me and I have access to my Vonage calls on my laptop using Vonage Companion. In effcet, my laptop is my VoIP phone.

Does Ooma have the capability for me to access live calls on my laptop when I travel?

How do others use Ooma when they travel?

Thanks!
#84845 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:27 am
TTB wrote:I currently use Vonage for business calls. When I travel I take my laptop with me and I have access to my Vonage calls on my laptop using Vonage Companion. In effcet, my laptop is my VoIP phone.

Does Ooma have the capability for me to access live calls on my laptop when I travel?

Thanks!

When we went to China this late winter, I took the Ooma Telo and a small phone along. I just plugged it in and it worked just like it was in my home. People would call and think that we were answering from out home, and not thousands of miles away.
#85398 by BobB
Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:52 pm
I take my Ooma with me When I winter in Florida. While I'm in-route and until I get the internet hooked up I have my calls transfered to my cell phone. Works for me.

Bob
#86428 by ajw522
Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm
thunderbird wrote:
TTB wrote:I currently use Vonage for business calls. When I travel I take my laptop with me and I have access to my Vonage calls on my laptop using Vonage Companion. In effcet, my laptop is my VoIP phone.

Thanks!

When we went to China this late winter, I took the Ooma Telo and a small phone along. I just plugged it in and it worked just like it was in my home. People would call and think that we were answering from out home, and not thousands of miles away.

Yes, when I visited China this June, I took my Telo and a small corded phone to my hotel, and everything worked fine. Just make sure you turn Do Not Disturb on (if you are a Premier customer), or unplug your phone at night, because getting a phone call at 3 AM China time isn't too fun :)