Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#84756 by tcheware
Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:32 am
I am a very loyal and very happy ooma customer, approaching my third or possibly my fourth anniversary -- think how much I have saved having ooma!

The simple fact is that the handset is not top notch. Its battery life is short, its range is short and its tendency to lock up and need a reset is too frequent. Compare it to a panasonic or other cordless handset and there is no comparison. I am afraid it is probably a cost of materials issue, but ooma is so good in so many ways, why won't they make the leap and become the 'apple' of the voip and voice world?

Curious what you think!

John
#85525 by rlw
Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 pm
yes I too would love to see an improved handset, if they did I would buy 3 or 4 more! so I am waiting....
#85537 by Charles R
Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 am
Hopefully at some point they can align themselves with Panasonic (or some other mainstream provider) like Vonage. I noticed they offer Panasonic phones in a package deal. Now whether they are unique (custom firmware) for Vonage or not I don't know but it sounds like the best of both worlds. I'd pay a premium to have their phones tied into Ooma. Admittedly, the forum has scared me away from purchasing Ooma's at this point in time.
#85581 by oomg
Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 am
I would prefer to have a wireless Scout type device. Then I can plug in any cordless unit i choose.
#86956 by paladin252
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:11 am
a wireless scout type device would be awesome. my setup doesn't need it but at my parents i have the ooma telo setup in the basement where the router and phone line comes in, but having a wireless scout upstairs where they could listen to their voicemail instead of using the old voicemail they have built into an old phone would be awesome. i would also like to see a better telo handset though. mine came free because my parents signed up through me but i would never buy the current model. the call quality is nice, but its really laggy and i get weird voice drop offs on it where i don't from my regular phones.