Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#84743 by quebert
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 pm
I love the call forwarding, right now I have it set to ring both all the time as it's just easier. But it would be pretty cool imho to be able to set up time slots for when the call forwarding's on and when it's off.
#110678 by EX Bell
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm
A really old post that was never replied to until now.

+1 for this feature. I know this sort of feature is possible with Ooma Office, but Office is not not available to my clients in Canada at this point in time and for most SOHO users, Office is overkill.

Functionality like this is available in products like Bell Single Number Reach which I used to subscribe to many years ago. Adding this to the Telo would be such a huge advantage for home office users, dramatically tilting the scale in Ooma's favor.

For example:

Forwarding mode:
Option 1: Call forward on network outage
Option 2: Call forward all
Option 3: Call forward time based - Start time: [n] End time: [n]

I've had many request for this functionality, so I'm now looking at scripting the web UI to handle this request, but it's not an ideal solution and a security concern.
#110679 by Mensra
Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:05 pm
How about call forwarding based on whether or not there is a Bluetooth device attached the system? Many of us have cell phones and it would be nice if the system would automatically forward because the cell phone was no longer linked by Bluetooth to the Telo. Or in technical terms, use the cellphone as a Bluetooth token for the forwarding.
#110681 by MLXXXp
Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:29 pm
EX Bell wrote:Forwarding mode:

Some may also want a 4th option, which combines options 1 and 3:
Option 4: Call forward time based - Start time: [n] End time: [n] and on network outage.
#110694 by EX Bell
Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 pm
MLXXXp wrote:
EX Bell wrote:Forwarding mode:

Some may also want a 4th option, which combines options 1 and 3:
Option 4: Call forward time based - Start time: [n] End time: [n] and on network outage.

Yes, a good point and I do understand what you mean exactly. However, if call forwarding is active by the checkbox, then both option 2 & 3 should always forward calls, even if there is a network outage, but option 3 should ignore forwarding if the time parameters do not match. Option 4 should of course be Multi-Ring.

A prime example of how time based forwarding in a SOHO environment would be used is where a rep located in New York for a California company would answer calls during business hours in New York. After 5pm, calls could be forwarded to the main office in California until 8pm EST (5PM PST), effectively extending the hours of service for customers by 3 hours. After the end time, they should ring the local Telo so they can be sent to voicemail when no one answers (assuming the local New York rep would not answer becuase it's after business hours).

That forwarding should occur even if the Ooma telo goes off line, but after 8pm, it should not. At that point they should simply go to voicemail if the telo is still off-line.

In a normal state, where the Telo is online, you could say that calls during an additional time range should then go to voicemail and not ring the Telo at all, but that's getting too complicated for the Telo and then I would have to agree that Office is a more appropriate product. Besides, a SOHO user can just turn the ringer off after hours or set a night mode on their phone handset. My Panasonic phones have this feature. You can specify hours they do not ring.