Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#84690 by alleykat
Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:45 am
Be able to send CallerID info to a PC desktop "wiget" that is on the same network as the Telo.
#92536 by EX Bell
Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:49 pm
+1 Would really love to have this feature for my two HTPCs with Windows Mediacenter integration. This could be accomplished with a small app that could stay logged into My Ooma to monitor the incoming calls. This would of course require that at least incoming call logging is captured immediately, rather than the moment a call terminates.

Currently this can be done with a Caller ID capable modem and an app like TapiRex plus the Mediacenter plugin, but I've never tried it and don't know if it would work with VOIP. Might work fine, but it requires an investment in a compatible modem for each system and the software, plus a phone jack by every stationary PC. The leaves out wireless laptops and tablets completely. An app for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android could cover nearly every Ooma user. I'd pay a small price for an app like this.
#92540 by EX Bell
Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:04 pm
Further to my last post, here's a way it is done by capturing UDP packets on the LAN

http://www.callerid.com/content/el_info.php
#92715 by EX Bell
Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 pm
I stand by my original comment that we really need a Caller ID app for laptops, desktops, tablet and smart phones, but for those of us that want a solution for Windows Media Center now, this just released software is excellent.

http://w7callerid.com/

I picked up the Hiro modem they recommended locally for $20 after tax. An Ooma app would still be better since you wouldn't need a modem or phone line attached to any computer, but this one at least distributes to other PCs on the network when the main PC is on. Setup was very simple. It took me less than 5 minutes to install and configure everything.
#95622 by mike8712
Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am
+1 - I would love a solution that could be incorporated with Growl on Mac OSX. Our Telo is in a different location and I could easily see a pop up of who's calling.
#95650 by EX Bell
Mon May 07, 2012 6:16 pm
I assume you visited his site and saw that he supports Growl. Since that original post of mine, he's done a lot of work. I did some beta testing for him when he was refining the Bluetooth support. So now when my Telo rings, the modem displays who's calling on my HTPC and when one of our cell phones ring, the number will also show up on the HTPC via Bluetooth handsfree connection. iPhone ringtone is also heard on the HTPC even if the ringer is off on the phone. The Bluetooth adapter (I have the ASUS) also allows us to stream music, Pandora, audio podcasts, etc. to the HTPC.

I've given up on the Ooma BT adapter until they improve it's functionality. Win7 Caller ID works much more like I need and the developer is really great to deal with.