Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#84724 by lbmofo
Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 am
regina.carmel wrote:Thanks. I do not have a landline; that's why I got the Ooma. No dial tone. Still working on this.

If your landline is dead, then your Ooma not coming online is because of that if you are in landline integration mode. Ask your phone company to check into why the landline is dead?
#84727 by regina.carmel
Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:18 pm
Thanks for your reply. I am NOT in landline integration; never have been. That's why I have an Ooma; it replaces my landline.

Here's what I did today - to no avail.

Bought and connected wired phone. Rebooted once by disconnecting power to modem, router, Ooma and then reconnected in same order. NO light at all. No dial tone. Ooma's connectivity page shows the same: everything working but phone line. Did a hard reset (disconnected and rebooted while holding down red tab): back to where I started. Constant red tab. The hub goes through all the light show but ends up w/no dial tone and red tab. Now, I don't know what else to do.

How can the Ooma page show everything is working but the phone line? I never had a dial tone in this house. What to do now? Help?
#84728 by regina.carmel
Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 pm
Just after I wrote last reply, Ooma tab went from red to nothing. So now, no lights on at all - except flashers in back, by ports. Yes, I am connected and yes, my Internet, router, and modem are working. So frustrating. Do I have a dead Ooma or what???? Thanks again, guys.
#84742 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm
regina.carmel wrote:A few minutes later....
Ooma tab is occasionally flashing. Does that mean it is rebooting from Ooma server (or whatever it's called)? Tab seems to go from constant red, to dark, to occasional flashing red.

Did you ever move the scout next to the hub and connect it directly from Hub to Scout, not using the house wiring?
Were you ever able to borrow a corded phone and test?
#84748 by regina.carmel
Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:07 am
Hi Thunderbird,

Yes and yes to your questions. Now trying to find electrician to see if he can do something about the phone wire. I'm wondering whether a squirrel severed it somewhere. Stay tuned... My hub tab is either dark (but connected to electricity) or flashing red, or constantly red, a change from when this first started. Scout is not connected at all. The question now is to determine what is wrong with the phone line and how to correct it.
#84753 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:41 am
regina.carmel wrote:Hi Thunderbird,
Yes and yes to your questions. Now trying to find electrician to see if he can do something about the phone wire. I'm wondering whether a squirrel severed it somewhere. Stay tuned... My hub tab is either dark (but connected to electricity) or flashing red, or constantly red, a change from when this first started. Scout is not connected at all. The question now is to determine what is wrong with the phone line and how to correct it.

Regina:
If you tested the Scout next to Hub with a direct connection, not connected through the house phone wiring, and you also used a second corded phone for testing, and it still didn't work, than the house phone wiring isn't the problem. The Hub has probably died and you should think about getting a replacement.

There are still some new Ooma Hubs and Scouts out there:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... &x=12&y=14

http://www.buy.com/prod/ooma-800-0114-2 ... 70604.html

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... &x=12&y=14[/quote][/quote]
#84764 by regina.carmel
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 am
Question about replacing Scout: if it is the problem, shouldn't the hub work anyway, without the Scout connected? And the Ooma connectivity site (URL 172......) says everything is connected except the phone line? How can I know?
#84772 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm
regina.carmel wrote:Question about replacing Scout: if it is the problem, shouldn't the hub work anyway, without the Scout connected? And the Ooma connectivity site (URL 172......) says everything is connected except the phone line? How can I know?

I noticed that in some of the posts, the the Hub was really defective and the Scout was Okay? I don't know.
Maybe your best bet would be to contact Ooma Customer Service and ask them.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST