Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#84643 by regina.carmel
Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 pm
OK. I have now done everything recommended. When I ran the DHCP test, got this in the Ooma connection window:

Your Ooma Network is Connected
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected [!]

Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled [never worked for me after Premier trial ended]
Voice Mail: Enabled.

So, for whatever reason, the phone line shows disconnection. Replaced cord between phone and hub: no difference. Haven't cord long enough to replace wall/ooma hub wall socket. Looks as if I need to call an electrician to test the phone plug. I do not have a land line, so assume there will be no dial tone.
Is there another way to test the phone connection, anyone? Before I call the electrician (costly)?

Just to recap, my Ooma tab is steady red. No dial tone.

Again, my appreciation.
#84648 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm
regina.carmel:
First:
Did you do this?
Hub factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Second:
Did you try a completely different phone?
#84666 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm
regina.carmel wrote:Yes to the first - several times. No to the second. Seems
to be something w/main phone line?

Since you have th following, it seems like you are so close to get this thing going.

Your Ooma Network is Connected
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected [!]

I've looked for Ooma tab is steady red, and can't find what it means. But maybe the phone line to the wall port is shorted out or the phone that you are using is shorted out.

If you have a phone line connected to the Ooma Hub's wall port, temporarily remove that telephone line from the Ooma Hub's wall port.

Find a completely different corded phone and plug it into the Ooma Hub's Phone port.

Reboot the Ooma Hub and then test.
#84674 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 pm
regina.carmel:
I've pulled together some reading for you if you have time. Notice that you can do a factory reset of the Scout also.

See these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8124&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4557&p=32600&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout#p32600
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2704

Did you do the factory reset for the Hub, then the Scout:

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

I noticed that some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.
#84676 by lbmofo
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:29 pm
Regina,

"Phone Line: Disconnected"

A "Connected" status indicates a powered phone line is connected to the "WALL" port of the ooma Hub. Normally a powered line is detected when the "WALL" port of the ooma Hub is plugged into a phone jack with an active landline.

By any chance, are you running Ooma in landline integration mode? Meaning you are using your own landline number without having to port your number to Ooma? In this mode, there needs to be an active dialtone fed to your Ooma's wall port. If you plug a phone into your house walljack, do you hear a dialtone? If not, that might be the problem.
#84718 by regina.carmel
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Here's the latest:

New phone cables between wall and Ooma and phone/Ooma. Restarted entire setup: modem, router, Ooma. After usual flashing of red lights on Ooma, no lights at all, not even on tab (which was formerly steady red).

Pulled power on Ooma and did hard reset (holding tab down during reboot). Now, it's steady red again.

Will try again w/new corded phone. Will check phone connection on outside of house. After that, I'm simply at a loss. Have tried everything at least three times.