Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#6802 by scots
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 pm
Is the lifetime Premier for your lifetime/lifetime of your account? Or is it like the free lifetime phone service, which is for the lifetime of the ooma hardware...NOT your lifetime.

hwgang wrote:
Hwgang, do you have a source for this?
I'm still on the fence about lifetime premier service. I want ooma to make some money to do upgrades and R&D. I'm not convinced this would be the right move. I will keep an open mind about it though.

Before I ever became an ooma customer I asked about lifetime premier. I needed to port two numbers, premier service then wasn't an option but a necessity and I'm all about upfront costs that save monthly expenses. I was told they offered it.

More importantly, prior to posting here I specifically asked Bobby B if I could mention it since a) their plate is undoubtedly full today with the outage and this would be news to many subscribers since they don't talk about it and b) like you, Numero Nueve, I can see conflicts as a supporter (but NONE as a customer!). His reply to my request: "Sure thing -- the lifetime $349 Premier subscription is kind of unadvertised, but you can go ahead and say whatever you like :)"

I look at it this way: ooma customers are so tickled pink with the service and costs that we are naturally suspicious. ooma addresses these suspicions on their home page so they are clearly prevalent. If I were investing in stock I'd check out all I could about a company....knowing that there are no guarantees. <haven't we all learned THAT lesson big time recently>

$250 plus $350 or $100 or whatever any of us chooses to invest in ooma products is small potatoes in the big world and we each have to trust our own gut instincts about the soundness of the plan and ooma's projected longevity.

Personally, I was convinced from the get-go that they'd built a better mousetrap. I saw signs of genius far beyond mine <as if>in their plans, hardware and offerings. Bottom line, I trust them and their investors to make smart decisions. If they were going to do some hit and run there are MUCH easier and more profitable ways to do that!

My comfort meter is set on HIGH here. Even the hiccup of the outage does not phase me. I embrace new technology but I'm tight with a buck and I jumped on board because the economics of it....even short term....were astounding to me and the service and features are the best I've EVER had.

Each of you must decide for yourself what your comfort meter is set at.

Off enthusiasm soapbox! ;-)
#6817 by number9
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 pm
More importantly, prior to posting here I specifically asked Bobby B if I could mention it since a) their plate is undoubtedly full today with the outage and this would be news to many subscribers since they don't talk about it and b) like you, Numero Nueve, I can see conflicts as a supporter (but NONE as a customer!). His reply to my request: "Sure thing -- the lifetime $349 Premier subscription is kind of unadvertised, but you can go ahead and say whatever you like :)"

I look at it this way: ooma customers are so tickled pink with the service and costs that we are naturally suspicious. ooma addresses these suspicions on their home page so they are clearly prevalent. If I were investing in stock I'd check out all I could about a company....knowing that there are no guarantees. <haven't we all learned THAT lesson big time recently>

$
Off enthusiasm soapbox! ;-)[/quote]

I would consider Booby B. a reliable source. Well done!
Thanks for the info!
#7743 by TechExplorer
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 pm
I contacted ooma when I signed up about a lifetime sub. for premier service and they said I could buy it for $ 349.00 one time charge. @ the time I didn't take them up.
#8691 by MadCityGuy
Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:38 pm
scots wrote:Is the lifetime Premier for your lifetime/lifetime of your account? Or is it like the free lifetime phone service, which is for the lifetime of the ooma hardware...NOT your lifetime.

I checked today - lifetime Premier means for the lifetime of your Ooma hub. If the hub breaks and you replace it, your lose your lifetime Premier. If you decide that you want to buy the next generation Ooma, you lose your lifetime Premier. The question is whether you think you're going to replace your Ooma hub in the next 3 1/2 years.