Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#83959 by Bill D
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:31 am
Overall, my Ooma Hubs have worked well for a long time except for occasional excessive voice delay issues, which have been experienced and discussed by others elsewhere on this forum.

I've been on many very long calls without being dropped, but yesterday, I made a call to an AT&T wireless user and it was dropped after several minutes with a strange occurrence - immediately, I heard the Ooma dial tone and the other party immediately heard my VM greeting, so they left me a VM explaining what happened on their end.

I've never had this happen before and it may just be a rare fluke, but I'm posting it here to help the Ooma engineering team with a data point, just in case it was due to a recent change by Ooma (carrier, software?). Has anyone else experienced this?
#83964 by Bill D
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:57 am
lbmofo wrote:Was the person using an iPhone by any chance? That would explain the drop. :)
Was the person trying to call you back when your VM greeting came on?

He was not on an iPhone and he said that he didn't call me back. He said that my voice cut off mid-sentence and my VM greeting played without him doing anything. On my end, I simply heard the Ooma dial tone play in my ear while I was talking mid-sentence.
#83967 by lbmofo
Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 am
This happens when you press the "envelope" button or "Do Not Disturb" button on the Ooma device during conversations. You'll hear the Ooma dialtone while the other party gets your VM so they can leave a message. This is a Premier feature though. https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/160

By any chance, did you accidentally press that button during the call?
#83968 by Bill D
Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:24 am
lbmofo wrote:By any chance, did you accidentally press that button during the call?

No. I was in the other room, but that's an interesting observation. I also don't have Premier.