Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#83846 by Zootjeff
Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 am
I know the new ooma dial tone is super hip and all 2011, however my wife really hates it. It is blaring and must hit a resonance with our cordless phone system.

It would be sooooo great if there was a simple option in the settings page of the acount online to DISABLE the custom dial tone in favor of a more quiet generic one.

Thanks for listening....

Jeff
#83848 by hpepper
Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:29 am
How is the volume of the Ooma dial-tone compared to speech volume? If the speech volume is a little high too, try turning the volume down on each cordless handset. I use Panasonic Dect 6 cordless and the Ooma dialtone is fine... not too loud.
#83849 by Zootjeff
Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 am
hpepper wrote:How is the volume of the Ooma dial-tone compared to speech volume? If the speech volume is a little high too, try turning the volume down on each cordless handset. I use Panasonic Dect 6 cordless and the Ooma dialtone is fine... not too loud.

The volume is fine. It is the speakerphone in the kitchen where it is the worst.. When we changed over to ooma that was the first thing we noticed about the new service.. We like the volume of the voice, not the dialtone.

That's great if it works for you, it doesnt work for me.. Hopefully it could be a simple change to add the option and it's not hard coded into the box firmware..

Maybe I should make a YouTube video where even my dog is cringing from the blaring dialtone..