Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#83483 by rrman2011
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 am
I am using a Ooma Hub, and still have my land line. If I drop my land line and later, for some reason or other, decide I want my land line back, will I be able to still use my current number with the land line? My Ooma number is the same as my land line number is right now.
#83485 by murphy
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 am
If you drop your landline you will no longer have phone service and you will lose the number. You must port your number to Ooma which will automatically cancel the landline.
#83487 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 am
You are in landline integration mode where you are feeding Ooma device your landline dialtone via the "wall" port. In this mode, all incoming calls and outgoing local calls go through your landline (also toll free & 911). If you cancel your landline service, you would lose your number after a grace period and you'd have to call into Ooma customer service to get a number assigned so your Ooma would work.

Or you can start a number port to Ooma from your landline (kill 2 birds with 1 stone); number gets xferred to Ooma, your landline service gets terminated as soon as number port complete.
#83538 by EricJRW
Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:45 am
It's also possibly to port away from ooma right? So if you opt out of ooma, but want to keep your number with another service, you can take it with, right?
#83546 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:49 am
EricJRW wrote:It's also possibly to port away from ooma right? So if you opt out of ooma, but want to keep your number with another service, you can take it with, right?

That's correct.
#83554 by EricJRW
Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 am
lbmofo wrote:
EricJRW wrote:It's also possibly to port away from ooma right? So if you opt out of ooma, but want to keep your number with another service, you can take it with, right?

That's correct.

Cool. Thanks!