Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#82766 by Trinimd
Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:16 pm
Not many of you may experience this but
I had my baby monitor on via telo handsets

My ooma device rebooted for whatever reason (power failure, or update)
Ooma tried to reboot but just blinked for about an hour
I had to turn off baby monitor and reboot for the ooma device to restore internet connection.
#82769 by thunderbird
Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:35 pm
Trinimd wrote:Not many of you may experience this but

I had to turn off baby monitor and reboot for the ooma device to restore internet connection.

The Ooma device should restart by itself, even if a baby monitor is connected.

I don't know how the baby monitor is connected, but try isolating the baby monitor to about three feet away from the Ooma Telo base unit.

Some other things to try:
Are you using Built In MAC address? In not try using Built In MAC address in you Ooma Setup pages to help stablilize you Ooma Internet connection.

If your setup is Modem-Router-Ooma, reserve a static IP address in your router for your Ooma device to help stablilize you Ooma Internet connection.
#82771 by murphy
Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:38 am
thunderbird wrote:
Trinimd wrote:Not many of you may experience this but

The Ooma device should restart by itself, even if a baby monitor is connected.

I don't know how the baby monitor is connected, but try isolating the baby monitor to about three feet away from the Ooma Telo base unit.

He's talking about the baby monitor feature of the Telo handsets, not a separate baby monitor.
#82773 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:00 am
Thanks Murphy.

The following two suggestions are still valid.
Some other things to try:
Are you using Built In MAC address? In not try using Built In MAC address in you Ooma Setup pages to help stablilize you Ooma Internet connection.

If your setup is Modem-Router-Ooma, reserve a static IP address in your router for your Ooma device to help stablilize you Ooma Internet connection.