Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#6051 by nitecourt
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 pm
On my PC I can override the DNS settings even though it is aquiring its IP address via DHCP. On every router I've had I could do the same. On the Ooma hub it ignores the setting if it aquires its IP via DHCP. It would also be nice if it gave some more info on the status page such as DNS servers and default gateway the hub is using.
#6056 by tommies
Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:43 pm
what is your setup?
modem>ooma>router>pc
in this setup the router's WAN port will receive ip from ooma hub in the form 127.x.x.x, you have to go to setup.ooma.com, select advanced tab to see the isp's is & DNS server ip's

or
modem>router>pc/ooma (both connect to router)
in this setup, the router's WAN port will receive ip from ISP, aslo DNS, etc.
#6062 by lohertz
Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 am
nitecourt wrote:On my PC I can override the DNS settings even though it is aquiring its IP address via DHCP. On every router I've had I could do the same. On the Ooma hub it ignores the setting if it aquires its IP via DHCP. It would also be nice if it gave some more info on the status page such as DNS servers and default gateway the hub is using.

Put the Ooma behind your router and configure your DNS from the router.
Although it tries to act like a router, it lacks some of the core features most routers comes with
#6102 by nitecourt
Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:15 am
[quote="lohertz] Put the Ooma behind your router and configure your DNS from the router.
Although it tries to act like a router, it lacks some of the core features most routers comes with[/quote]

I like to keep mine in front to eliminate the possibility of problems. That's why I made the suggestions for them to add this. It seems I get faster lookups using other DNS servers rather than my provider's.
#6103 by nitecourt
Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 am
tommies wrote:what is your setup?
modem>ooma>router>pc
in this setup the router's WAN port will receive ip from ooma hub in the form 127.x.x.x, you have to go to setup.ooma.com, select advanced tab to see the isp's is & DNS server ip's

This is my setup but on my advanced tab I can change the options for the lan side such as DHCP range and DMZ.