Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8234 by dlong
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:45 pm
Way to go Frizzo! The ooma club registery is growing each day. Anyhoo, it's fun here. Welcome.
#8248 by tommies
Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 pm
frizzo wrote:Just spoke to AT&T and the porting will be completed on the 22nd. Though my DSL bill will go up by $10 (bastards lol), I’ll be saving $50/month on my phone bill.

Hm.
I also have ATT DSL and the bill remain the same after dry loop ($32.95)

You should call and ask. I see some ATT's ad. that basically has Direct DSL for the same price as DSL combines with other services.
#8249 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 pm
I have DSL Elite for $35 a month and AT&T told me if I dry looped it would go up to $45 a month. Interesting..

Wayne
#8278 by frizzo
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:12 am
Thats what they told me. The dry-loop add's $10 to what ever DSL plan one has. Regardless, they way i look at it, i'm still ahead with ooma, well i will be in a few mounths lol
#8280 by bryanlyle
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 am
I have same deal here with Comcast. I have to pay more per month for my internet service because I don't have Comcast Cable.
#8285 by hwgang
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:48 am
Not trying to be a smart alec at all, but my suggestion is to get Comcast cable. The most basic one they offer. Even if you don't use it. Ours used to be $6 something and it recently went up to $9.something.

We have it, but we don't use it. It IS, insanely, cheaper to buy the two services bundled than internet service alone, so for $9.something for cable we don't use, our internet service is discounted more than the $9.something. We'll eventually install switch boxes so that we can see the Boston channels our DirecTV won't let us see (in favor of the Springfield MA/Hartford CT stations it deems more local). But so far we haven't bothered and it's been..mmmm....4 years or so?

Only in America.... ;-)
#8286 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 am
I may look into that. Sounds interesting.

Wayne
#8325 by number9
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:37 pm
Hwgang is right. I had Comcast before I switched to AT&T U-Verse. Internet without cable, was $60.00. I ordered the basic cable package, I mean basic, it was local channels and WGN. $17.00 a month at time I canceled. With the basic cable package my internet was $20.00 for 6 months. Then it was to go $40.00 a month. I called at the end of 6 months and said "If you raise it, I drop it". They gave me another 6 months at $20.00 a month.
#8331 by tommies
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:07 pm
WayneDsr wrote:I have DSL Elite for $35 a month and AT&T told me if I dry looped it would go up to $45 a month. Interesting..

Wayne

What is your dsl speed, Wayne? If it 6.0Mb downstream, the pride is correct.

frizzo wrote:Thats what they told me. The dry-loop add's $10 to what ever DSL plan one has. Regardless, they way i look at it, i'm still ahead with ooma, well i will be in a few mounths lol

It seems that I'm the odd one out here. I have DSL Ultra at $32.95 when I signed up. Now after dry loop, my bill is still at $32.95

However, there is an interesting twist to my story. When I called and requested my dsl to be dry loop, the CS was real nice, and she send me to a technician to complete the order. The tech. CS too was very nice, and she (yes another she) ask me if I order 2 att cordless phones. I just said I did not, and did not pay any attention to it. Then a week later, the 2 att cordless phones arrived, and I just promptly call ATT to return them. ATT even sends me a shipping label free of charge. I guess that the first CS that I called had done me a great service (she order them on my behave without my knowledge) which gave me a little inconvenient but save me $120/yr according to some of your experiences.

http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=11575
Direct Elite 6.0 $45
Direct Pro 3.0 $40
Direct Express 1.5 $35
Direct Basic 768kb $20

according to this link, a dry loop dsl only a few buck more, not $10. I suggest that you guys call and complain.

On a side note, Comcast internet only is more expensive than a bundle services. I did try them, but they only interest in getting my $$$$ without willing to pay for the replacement of the outside wire. I ended up cancel after 1 week.

PS.
I learn that in dealing with CS, polite and courtesy go both way.
#8362 by frenchcamp49er
Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 am
Finally bill free from AT&T