Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#81621 by tiiga
Wed May 18, 2011 4:50 pm
Wouldn't it be nice to avoid the whole fax problem by having a feature where Ooma would receive my faxes for me and then e-mail them strait to my inbox? Then we would not have any problems receiving faxes.
#82854 by oomg
Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am
You can get unlimited incoming fax to email service for as little as $1 per month... and they will provide you with a dedicated fax number. See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_onesuitefax.asp
I have used this service for almost two years and I am very satisfied with it. I have opted for the outgoing service in addition to the incoming service (for $2.95/mo.) since there are occasions when I must send a fax. However, the overall cost is still less than what I had been paying for toner.

I have always stated my preference that Ooma stick to what it does best; that is provide high quality voice communication service.
#86450 by law
Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:11 am
I agree it would be very cool that if the voicemail detected the incoming was a fax, it could receive the fax as a PDF and email to me. I think Ooma could use this as a way to generate additional revenue, since I would pay extra for such a feature.
#86494 by Utarp
Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm
Agreed. I joined Ooma about 6 months ago and really think that would be a big win. They could put a lot of competitors out of business such as efax metro fax, etc. Ooma has so many customers that it could make money on the ads for incoming faxes. It would also give them a boost over google voice. I know googlevoice is in beta, but not sure it is much different. Many of the feature and software are already included in OOMA. This would set them apart.
#87149 by bruce
Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:11 pm
Since OOMa already is managing DIDs and switches, adding a fax service... with email for incoming fax and print to fax for outgoing shouldn't be difficulty and within your telecom expertise. I would pay an extra $12 per year for a limited package and would consider more if I became a heavy user. You could even negotiate a bulk pricing deal with a 3rd party.

I am very frustrated trying to fax out,even with *99 (takes 3 attempts to work) and incoming never works because you can no longer go to the website and set the system to fax mode. Hope a solution can be found soon... Faxing may become a deal breaker when renewal time comes.
#89992 by ConnieIL
Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:17 am
I am afraid to use 3 party providers for my faxing. I need some semblance of security. I can send, but not receive faxes, and hate paying $22/mo. for a landline for the occasional use. I HATE IT!
#89994 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 am
ConnieIL wrote:I am afraid to use 3 party providers for my faxing. I need some semblance of security. I can send, but not receive faxes, and hate paying $22/mo. for a landline for the occasional use. I HATE IT!

Since Ooma Telo firmware update Version: 50832, faxing has become very unstable, and in most cases impossible. Report your Fax problems to Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST