Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#80734 by Karleen77
Thu May 05, 2011 3:35 am
I just switched to Ooma about a month ago, and the 2 things I miss most from Vonage are the ability to forward calls to mutiple numbers and the free voice mail to text (I had received this feature for being a long time customer 7+ years.)

I really like the voice mail to text, but I'm not willing to pay 5 dollars a month for it. Maybe in another 7 years I'll be able to have it for free.
#80752 by southsound
Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 am
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forum!

Regarding the two features you would like - have you considered using Google Voice as a front end to ooma? I've been doing just that for nearly two years and love it. I don't bother with the Premier Google Voice Extensions - I just use it naked and have it ring all my phones. Transcription is often comical but free is always good. The only downside is that unless you dial through your GV number, your outgoing CID is your ooma number.
#80760 by nn5i
Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 am
southsound wrote:I just use it naked

I didn't think raccoons wore garments anyway. Gators -- UF Gators anyway -- sometimes do. Or were you just being kinky?