Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#80629 by spage457
Tue May 03, 2011 4:24 am
Well it's been about a year now that I have been trying to get my phone ported over from metrocast cablevision. First 3 months I got told metrocast was rejecting the move and metrocast telling me they got no request. Come to find out it was ooma's 3rd party porting that was rejecting the request not metrocast. So long story short I have gone up through the tiers in support to try and correct the porting issue with little( well no results actually). I still have an ooma phone sitting 2 feet from me that never gets any use, it's like super glueing 200 dollars to your table and passing by it everyday :) If you check on ooma's website to this day to check portability for my # it still says not a problem, hmmm if it's not a problem then how come a year later my # is still not ported over I wonder ?

The Moral of the story is if you have metrocast cablevision and your thinking about porting your # over do not I repeat do not shell out the 200 bucks for the unit it will not happen :)
#80666 by ydnar723
Tue May 03, 2011 4:12 pm
It is typically uncommon for a gaining carrier (Ooma) to reject a request, it is usually the carrier you are porting from.
If it has been a while since you have had any discussion about the port, the process may have to start over again, maybe something changed and your number won't have problems porting.
I would go back to Ooma support, ask them if the port is still ongoing and has no problems, or if it is dead in the water...ports after a specific time that go unanswered tend to get automatically canceled. I would initiate again, give Ooma up to a week to get a reply and if you get no new information or a due date by then I would follow up on it and stay on it from both ends until someone produces the right answer.