Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#81355 by nn5i
Fri May 13, 2011 5:15 pm
EA PA wrote:I would like to pile onto these great ideas (and repeat, in support of). It would be nice, for ease of configuration to have on / off times either as a 1 time (special movie time), and recurring (sleep time), and defined days (weekend only), maybe with features and format similar to a digital thermostat.

You know, many routers have the ability to restrict access to specific URLs by time-of-day. Perhaps you could use this to disable your Ooma during part of the day by blocking access to Ooma's servers through your router. That is, if the blinking red rosette wouldn't drive you batty.
#81378 by EA PA
Sat May 14, 2011 3:29 am
southsound wrote:
EA PA wrote:similar to a digital thermostat.

I like that. It could sense the demeanor of the person calling and decide whether to not to pass the call. Your boss calls to tell you you messed up - voice mail. He calls to tell you about a promotion to make you department head - it goes through with a special ring.

Duh Oh, SS having a moment... time out for SS in the RF room
#81379 by EA PA
Sat May 14, 2011 3:34 am
nn5i wrote:
EA PA wrote:I would like to pile onto these great ideas (and repeat, in support of). It would be nice, for ease of configuration to have on / off times either as a 1 time (special movie time), and recurring (sleep time), and defined days (weekend only), maybe with features and format similar to a digital thermostat.

You know, many routers have the ability to restrict access to specific URLs by time-of-day. Perhaps you could use this to disable your Ooma during part of the day by blocking access to Ooma's servers through your router. That is, if the blinking red rosette wouldn't drive you batty.

You remember how everyone loved the rotating avatar? I view the blinking red rosette as a similar irritant. I would prefer my thermostat design versus an epileptic episode during my quiet time! It seems contrary to the design basis.
#81508 by gristle macthorndike
Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 am
I would definitely support offering a White or a White and Black or a Black option. I could see paying $5 per year per White or Black option, and $10 for a White and Black option.

gristle