Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#78632 by maplewood
Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am
For some reason many of the calls we receive from cell phones simply appear as "Wireless Caller" or sometimes with just the area (e.g. "Princeton").

As I understand it if you have almost any level of privacy other than off these calls will be treated as Anonymous and be routed directly to voice mail. While I would love to reject truly Anonymous calls these other routine calls are hardly anonymous (for instance my brother only shows up as "Philadelphia."

Is there a way to fine tune to dump-to-voice mail? Or perhaps am I wrong and these "sort of known but the ID info isn't be displayed" not "anonymous and would be put through to the ringer?

Thanks
#78634 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am
Anonymous call reject would handle calls without numbers xmitted. So the calls you're talking about (most cell phone carriers do not pay to put subscriber name in the national database; AT&T is one of rare ones that does) will not be impacted by Anonymous call reject because you see the number.