Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#5524 by gregg098
Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:16 pm
I would like to see a short number to dial from a phone connected to the ooma box to check your voicemail. When I had Qwest, I dialed something like *82 and I got my voicemail.

I would also like to see a stutter tone for voicemail when the line is picked up.

My setup does not allow me to keep my ooma in a central location so I would like to use my system independent of the ooma box (as if it were a simple ATA hidden away).

The option to have a normal dialtone when I pickup would be nice too, but this really isnt an issue.
#5718 by Mojo
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am
gregg098 wrote:I would like to see a short number to dial from a phone connected to the ooma box to check your voicemail. When I had Qwest, I dialed something like *82 and I got my voicemail.

If you have a cordless phone, you could program in the number of your ooma system. Dialing your ooma system number from an attached phone will automatically role you into the voicemail system.
#8377 by kcepull
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm
Agree - I'd like to see (hear?) the 'stutter' dial tone when I pick up the phone and have new voicemail messages. Unless you have a hub/scout nearby (not likely with cordless phones), you have to dial your own number to see if you have any messages.

Also, some phones can sense the 'stutter' tone and will activate their voicemail indicator light. This would be very helpful!
#8380 by murphy
Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 pm
kcepull wrote:Also, some phones can sense the 'stutter' tone and will activate their voicemail indicator light. This would be very helpful!

My desk phone already lights up (blinks) when I have a waiting voice mail. Stutter dial tone is not the normal way to turn on the light. Stutter dial tone is just an audio indicator.
#8385 by bryanlyle
Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 pm
murphy wrote:
kcepull wrote:Also, some phones can sense the 'stutter' tone and will activate their voicemail indicator light. This would be very helpful!

My desk phone already lights up (blinks) when I have a waiting voice mail. Stutter dial tone is not the normal way to turn on the light. Stutter dial tone is just an audio indicator.

Is this a function on certain phones?

My DECT 6.0 Panasonic set doesn't tell me anything. I would love to have it tell me there is a new message (like it does if I use the built in voicemail).
#8390 by gregg098
Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Usually the cordless phone systems with built in answering machines only indicate if they have a message. My single unit cordless phone (w/o answering machine) flashes when I have a VM, but my set with an answering machine does not.
#8394 by tailwheel
Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 pm
gregg098 wrote:Usually the cordless phone systems with built in answering machines only indicate if they have a message. My single unit cordless phone (w/o answering machine) flashes when I have a VM, but my set with an answering machine does not.

For what it's worth, I just got a new Panasonic Dect 6.0 phone with answering machine and when I get a VM on ooma the handset does display "New voice message" along with a blinking light. Just curious, does anyone know how this works?
#8405 by WayneDsr
Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:32 am
I also have the Panasonic DECT 6 phone with voicemail and when I get an ooma voice mail it shows "New Voice Mail".
Panasonic tg1033s.

Wayne