Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#77474 by 2spirit
Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 am
danlisman wrote:Does this forum have a spell checker? I need all of the help I can get. :D

Yes . . . actually there are several here . . . but I won't cite them by name!! :P
#77475 by lbmofo
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 am
danlisman wrote:Does this forum have a spell checker? I need all of the help I can get. :D

The spelling and grammar check is complete. :P
#77478 by EA PA
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:59 am
I chked myne wif krome an dunt wrk will
#77480 by EA PA
Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 am
danlisman wrote:Obviously, I would also like the ESP mod added to this bulletin board software.
I guess I asked for that one. :D

Now that my handset is not functional for local calls - while I wait Ill just hang around the forum and make noise I guess :P
#77679 by nn5i
Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:01 pm
My favorites -- in a negative way -- are the guys who always use than when they mean then, and who never punctuate at all and write weather for whether. Then there's your for you're, and it's for its. It makes their posts (or, as some would write, there posts) rather slow going.

Why should spelling be a problem? It's so easy! You need learn a word only once and it stays the same your whole life long.
#77685 by thunderbird
Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm
The post above was written by an uninformed person. Only a bully would get enjoyment from someone else’s misfortune.
A. (By Abigail Marshall)
Answer: The symptoms you describe are consistent with dyslexia. Ron Davis refers to dyslexia as a 'self-created' condition. By that he does not mean that it is a person's fault that they have dyslexia, but rather that the particular symptoms stem from an individual's life experiences. Many dyslexic people are, in fact, very good readers, but struggle tremendously with spelling or writing.

A. The aspect of your friend's intellect that makes you feel that without dyslexia "he would be a genius" is probably the same underlying talent that gives rise to the dyslexia. What Ron Davis is saying -- and Thomas West, author of In the Mind's Eye says the same thing -- is that it is no coincidence that so many creative geniuses, like Leonardo da Vinci , Edison & Einstein also suffered from symptoms of dyslexia -- the thought process that is the essence of their creativity is also the root of difficulties with the printed (and sometimes spoken) word.
#77695 by southsound
Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:18 pm
nn5i wrote:Why should spelling be a problem? It's so easy! You need learn a word only once and it stays the same your whole life long.

In my day we called them Spelling Bees - and they were always a problem because the folks running them chose difficult words that were easy to misspell and sometimes even the most proficient students missed them. Also note that if you don't know how to spell it makes it easier to type because the occasional typo doesn't look out of place. Are we a little grumpy today?