Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#77266 by boberonicus
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:39 am
Hi,

I've been carefully copying/pasting phone numbers from my call logs to the blacklist and was wondering if there was a simpler way to dump telemarketers into my own little Ooma jail. Today, I found this wonderful red circle with a slash through it on the right of my call logs; I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate that feature! The blacklist options are also amazingly diverse. Maybe you should license the voice of Nelson from the Simpsons, he could answer the phone and say "Ha Ha" repeatedly...
#77269 by murphy
Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 am
Click the blue circle with a slash through it in your call log to blacklist a call.
#77271 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 am
boberonicus wrote:Maybe you should license the voice of Nelson from the Simpsons, he could answer the phone and say "Ha Ha" repeatedly...

While I understand why this sound effect heard by telemarketers might make you feel good.... http://www.angelfire.com/film/tsss/ss/haha.wav

I think the best way to block calls is to not let them know that they are being blocked; VM or cotinuous ring would be best.

Some of these guys can get pretty nasty, spoof your own callerid, call using many variations of callerid etc. You don't want that.