Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#77188 by CodeMasterG
Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 pm
I installed my Oooma Telo in January so I've had it for a couple months now. So far so good, and I have ported my number from Verizon. This was the final step in my campaign to finally cut monthly phone and cable TV bills. I now have:

- A single brodband bill (Comcast)
- A digital TV antenna where I can get 20+ local channels
- An internet ready LED TV with Netflix and Hulu (Netflix is just $9 / month)
- Ooma Telo

So my mothly phone and cable bill went from $140 / month to $42.50 / month (inluding telephone fees and taxes and Ooma Premier). So I get to keep an extra $100 each month instead pf paying for content and services I wasn't useing. In fact I actually get some new, cool features I didn't have before e.g. love the SMS feature when voice mail is left by a caller and the ability to listen to a voice mail from the web) from Ooma Premier for far, far less. Yeah, so far I am a Happy New User. :)
#77192 by EA PA
Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:31 pm
Excellent - you are right on with utility replacement... Electric Bill replacement next!! Im with you all the way. Solar / wind is the next project for me - welcome :D
#77200 by danlisman
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:12 pm
You guys are my kind of cheapos. To improve broadcast TV enjoyment, I use an over-the-air DVR recorder for time shifting. The Channel Master CM-7000PAL DVR works great for me. $300 for new or $261 for refurb.
My next target is high water bill for lawn. :D
#77201 by EA PA
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 pm
danlisman wrote:You guys are my kind of cheapos. To improve broadcast TV enjoyment, I use an over-the-air DVR recorder for time shifting. The Channel Master CM-7000PAL DVR works great for me. $300 for new or $261 for refurb.

HA! I got you beat with well - water bill = $ 0.... :cool:
#77206 by danlisman
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:38 pm
EA PA wrote:
danlisman wrote:You guys are my kind of cheapos. To improve broadcast TV enjoyment, I use an over-the-air DVR recorder for time shifting. The Channel Master CM-7000PAL DVR works great for me. $300 for new or $261 for refurb.

HA! I got you beat with well - water bill = $ 0.... :cool:

I can't use well inside city limits. I guess I am looking at some kind of xeroscape that is not too ugly.