Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#76940 by Sanjivji
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:46 pm
Lately I have been getting calls from users stating that I had called them hence they wer returning my call and when I ask them for details I dont even know them. I look in the ooma log and there is no reference of me calling them .
So how are they recieving calls from my number and how can I stop it.
#76953 by thunderbird
Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 pm
I wonder if someone out there has the same phone number that you have?

From the Internet:
Phones or applications calling by themselves. See Internet sites below.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/G ... 5f5a&hl=en
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid- ... s-own.html

Strange!

Better call Ooma Support and report your problem in case they have another "bug".

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#77919 by ajb
Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:28 am
Hi, We were testing our new Ooma today by calling our other home landline, and the caller ID on our home landline was showing strange phone numbers- not our Ooma number that I was calling from. Not one time did it give our actual phone number for the caller ID. It gave two different numbers, said unknown caller once, and said private caller once. I wonder if an Ooma user called a person that they knew, and the incorrect caller ID showed on the phone (yours), and then subsequently that person called you back thinking you had called when they saw the caller ID?
We're calling today to try to see what is going on- that is definitely not okay with us to have a random phone number show up on our friend's and family's phones when we call them!
#77921 by murphy
Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:06 am
It takes up to 10 business days for new caller ID information to propagate to all of the caller ID databases in the country. Ooma (or any other phone company) does not transmit your name information. The receiving phone company looks it up in the database that they subscribe to.
#77928 by southsound
Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:40 am
ajb wrote:Hi, We were testing our new Ooma today by calling our other home landline, and the caller ID on our home landline was showing strange phone numbers- not our Ooma number that I was calling from. Not one time did it give our actual phone number for the caller ID. It gave two different numbers, said unknown caller once, and said private caller once.

AS murphy points out, the name may be incorrect for up to two weeks depending on how often the called party's provider "dips" into the database for updates. But that aside, you are getting strange numbers. I would capture the date and time of these calls and the number that was shown on your CID. Armed with this information, make a call to ooma support at 888 711-6662. What is happening is not normal and is certainly not the desired way for the system to operate.