Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#76615 by polyonyma
Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:23 pm
I am a pleased new user, and have a question: how should I pronounce Ooma? Is it "Oh-ma" or "Ooo-ma"? I am trying to describe it to people who've never heard of Ooma and I don't want to be saying it wrong!
#76648 by ydnar723
Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:14 am
Darn, I was wrong, I was calling it "Oh-My" like "Oh my! My phone bill disappeared!" :D
#77161 by nn5i
Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:14 pm
I congratulate you on having advanced so far as to study the pronunciation. So many who post here can't even spell Ooma.
#77180 by murphy
Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:07 pm
nn5i wrote:I congratulate you on having advanced so far as to study the pronunciation. So many who post here can't even spell Ooma.

Well there are two spellings.
At the top of the forum it is ooma which is also how it's spelled on the box my core came in.
At the top of the my.ooma.com page it is Ooma which is also how it's spelled on the box my Telo came in.
#77209 by nn5i
Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:11 pm
murphy wrote:
nn5i wrote:I congratulate you on having advanced so far as to study the pronunciation. So many who post here can't even spell Ooma.

Well there are two spellings.
At the top of the forum it is ooma which is also how it's spelled on the box my core came in.
At the top of the my.ooma.com page it is Ooma which is also how it's spelled on the box my Telo came in.

I suppose one might consider a changed capitalization a difference in spelling. And then again, one might not. I'm one who doesn't.

My reference really was to the folks who spell it Omma, Oomma, Oma, and a couple of other orthographical novelties I have seen here. Oh, my.
#77260 by FiveThumbs
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 am
imgres.jpg
imgres.jpg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 4833 times

If I can conjure up an image of Uma every time I talk about my phone service, so much the better.
#77277 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 pm
FiveThumbs wrote:If I can conjure up an image of Uma every time I talk about my phone service, so much the better.

One more reason Ooma is great.

#77341 by nn5i
Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 am
Lovely lady. Needs work on her kenjutsu, though. Her hand is too close to the tsuba.