Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#94329 by oomg
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 am
lbmofo wrote:Another 2 day port from AT&T: viewtopic.php?t=13539

We may have to start comparing the number of hours needed to complete port.
#95280 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 am
Just helped a family member port from Qwest (now CenturyLink). Initiated on 4/23 and finished 4/26. Qwest used to take 2 weeks or more; big improvement in porting speed for non AT&T carriers as well.
#95293 by SCOMMAR1
Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 pm
Try porting out of OOma. It wont happen in your lifetime. I have been waiting for 15 days and multiple requestes to port out of OOma and hopeless service. No response to email or phone requests. Filed complaint with FCC.
Once you come to Ooma they will make sure you dont get out.
#95296 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 pm
SCOMMAR1 wrote:Once you come to Ooma they will make sure you dont get out.

I wouldn't say that. Smoothing out wrinkles with carriers (Ooma's) may not be that easy when porting out. Don't think it is Ooma's intention to make it difficult. Why are you emailing Ooma anyway? The winning carrier should be handling issues for you.
#95308 by Cyberchat
Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 am
SCOMMAR1 wrote:Try porting out of OOma. It wont happen in your lifetime. I have been waiting for 15 days and multiple requestes to port out of OOma and hopeless service. No response to email or phone requests. Filed complaint with FCC.
Once you come to Ooma they will make sure you dont get out.

Unfortunately, along the way companies will pick up some "fools" as customers.

Definition:
fool - definition of fool by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...
fool (f l) n. 1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding. 2. One who acts unwisely

Since you decided to leave OOMA, instead of foolishly displaying your vindictive side along with your complete lack of understanding of how the technology works, just leave these forums, as well. These forums are here for the purpose of Customers helping each other. Your comments have no place here!
#95455 by GMOOMA
Wed May 02, 2012 1:10 am
Apparently sometimes OOMA reports that porting is complete.. when it actually is not... my account reports porting was done in 5 days when actually I still don't have my ported number. So this is OOMA's fault for inaccurate re-porting. A common sense 24 hour window has passed since that reporting of "completed" port on my account and still nothing.. to be fair they've escalated it to a trouble ticket and will work on it.. but this is a case of believe it when I "SEE" it...

Anyone else have trouble porting from Verizon?
#105097 by erikita
Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm
I think Ooma might have out done themselves. My phone was ported in two days!! We begun the process around noon on the 7th and today the 9th it went into effect. Im not even sure what time it was completed but it would have been around 48 hours for sure. Im so thrilled with the service :)