Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#76136 by DJShotz
Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 am
Hello Ooma,

First let me say I love your service and the price but I have 2 main issues that just make me want to leave. Let me just say I hate making suggestions over a forum because I feel my voice will not be heard and it makes me very unhappy with your service but here we go:

1.) I feel that underneath the prepaid account box on the front page of "My Ooma" there should be a box there that serves for amount of international minutes left with a status bar of how many minutes have been used and how many are left. It's not too hard to code. This information can be obtained through Account -> Prepaid Account which I would assume would have it's own table in your database...

All that has to be done is to limit the tuples to a certain time period for the month and limit the tuples to which rate = 0.0¢. Once that is out of the way and you have everything in range you just use the sum function to add up the duration field. This will then be displayed on the front page by "My Ooma" and it can be out of the amount of minutes the person has purchased.

It's so simple that it would be stupid to lose a customer over this.

2.) When calling Ooma and you ask me for my Ooma phone number... ASK ME FOR A SECURITY PASSWORD! It is so simple that it boggles my mind as to why it is not done. I don't care if you ask it on every single call even if it's not to make a change because it is MY ACCOUNT I want to feel secure.

Ooma please feel free to private message me any questions on the coding of the prepaid part or anything about the security question, I'd be glad to help I just want to be satisfied 100% with your service.

Thanks,
DJ
#76154 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 pm
Hello DJ, on your 1), I think the balance left in international plan is a good idea.

I've made suggestions for the Prepaid History as well: viewtopic.php?t=8979#p62590

Ooma is probably working on some of them. However, just so folks know, even when you run out of plan minutes with your international plans, chances are the standard rate Ooma charges are still low unlike what cell phone companies charge for overage minutes (arms & legs). When you run out of international minutes, Prepaid History will start showing charges for included destinations so you can nip it in the bud by periodically visiting your Prepaid History.

On your 2), I thought customer service always asks the security question.
#76183 by Bobby B
Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:35 pm
When you called, were you asking for specific information about your account or was it a general question? If it's the former, we should be asking the security question.

DJShotz wrote:Hello Ooma,
2.) When calling Ooma and you ask me for my Ooma phone number... ASK ME FOR A SECURITY PASSWORD!