Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#74734 by EA PA
Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:20 am
OOMA folks - next design run of telo handsets, you may want to revist the design of the physical charging makeup between handset and base. I do not think I have ever placed the handset into the base without having to fiddle and dither it to get it connected.
#74766 by EA PA
Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:56 pm
ntoy - I looked at this a little closer now that I have a few moments. If you insert the bottom of the handset into the back of the base, it works every time. The problem is if you don’t have the base of the handset all the way into the back of the charging base it can appear that its in and not connect. I just wanted to be clear because I tried it 20 times and it worked without flaw on my desk. After scratching my head a few times, I then put it back on the table where I keep it (lower), tried it and the angle was not perfect in the base and it did not connect - so depending on where you keep it sort of dictates the angle that it is going into the base. My bride has independently had this happen to her as well.
#74769 by ntoy
Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 pm
EA PA wrote:ntoy - I looked at this a little closer now that I have a few moments. If you insert the bottom of the handset into the back of the base, it works every time. The problem is if you don’t have the base of the handset all the way into the back of the charging base it can appear that its in and not connect. I just wanted to be clear because I tried it 20 times and it worked without flaw on my desk. After scratching my head a few times, I then put it back on the table where I keep it (lower), tried it and the angle was not perfect in the base and it did not connect - so depending on where you keep it sort of dictates the angle that it is going into the base. My bride has independently had this happen to her as well.

Yes, it almost requires precision insertion. When I hear a couple of beeps, I know that it is making proper contact with the base.
#91421 by 9094633280
Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 am
I have the problem of not getting the blue light. It seems there should be a click when the handset is properly placed. Ooma should fix this problems. There is no excuse for having to "fiddle" with the handset in the base. I took the unit back to Best Buy and they couldn't figure it out either. Ooma should provide a solution.
#91444 by dsinternet
Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 pm
When you place the handset in the base it makes two beeps. Thats how you know its been placed correctly. If you don't hear the beeps then something must be wrong with your unit. Mine always beeps. (by the way...you should change your username)