Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#74267 by mjmadmin
Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm
I moved to Ooma from Vonage and one of the things I really liked before was having my calls forward to my cell if I didn't pick up after X rings. It was nice because if I was at home I didn't have to listen to my house and cell ring at the same time when a call came in. It would instead roll to my cell if I didn't answer after 3 rings.
#74269 by ntoy
Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:31 pm
Hello,

With premier service, you can call forward to your cell. You can log into My Ooma & goto Preferences>Call Forwarding>select Multi-Ring & insert your cell number & save
#74277 by mjmadmin
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:33 pm
I think the "after X rings" is the thing missing though.

Yeah... I hope there are ooma moderators who will read more than the first two words of a post...
#74279 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:40 pm
I'd give ntoy a break though; he is very helpful and helped a lot of folks. He must have been distracted while reading.
#94280 by sdarisi
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm
Bump!

I have used this capability for the last 10 years+.....first with SouthWestern Bell (SWBT) and then AT&T and then Vonage....surprised to see that this functional capability does not exist with Ooma. Just switched to Ooma this afternoon and would like to see this capability added.
#94294 by EX Bell
Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:39 am
sdarisi wrote:Bump!

I have used this capability for the last 10 years+.....first with SouthWestern Bell (SWBT) and then AT&T and then Vonage....surprised to see that this functional capability does not exist with Ooma. Just switched to Ooma this afternoon and would like to see this capability added.

There's lot's of capabilities I could get with certain services on Bell Canada as well and their not available on Ooma at this time, but they cost A LOT of money every month. Main reason I'm not with Bell Canada anymore. Ooma is offering some very nice features at a very reasonable price. Hard to add everything that everyone wants (impossible actually), so don't be surprised if something is not there. They need to know about a desired feature and they do read the forum posts. You could send suggestions to customer service as well.

For now, using Google Voice in combination with Ooma can supplement some features you might be missing and lucky for all of us Google is still not charging for them.
#104418 by vikk
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 pm
I just moved from Lingo VOIP to Ooma. Lingo also offered this feature for the last 8 years. It is the one feature I miss most. I don't like having my cell and home phones ring at the same time without having at least a few rings to answer the home phone first.

If not forward after X rings, how about multi-ring with after a delay?