Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#74133 by kal
Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:43 am
Hi,
I have ooma home port connected to a port on my router. Everything works (other than no blue light on ooma tab, I get red but not blue, maybe the LED is dead (unlikely?)) but I can't seem to figure out what device is ooma on my DHCP list. There is an "Unknown" device which is the only possibility. Is this normal? Should ooma have another name?
#74135 by murphy
Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:24 am
The Ooma Internet port is supposed to be connected to a LAN port of your router if Ooma is behind your router.
If Ooma is in front of your router the Ooma Home port connects to the WAN port of your router.
Which way do you have it configured?
#74211 by kal
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 pm
My ooma hub is behind the router and it just plugs into the wall like any other device into a regular lan port. I have a gigabit switch through which ooma might be going. Alas my patch board is not labelled well so I am not sure.
So far we have no problem with ooma performance so I didn't try to do any QOS setup etc.
Currently the only problem I have is that the ooma tab doesn't light blue.
#74213 by murphy
Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 am
kal wrote:Currently the only problem I have is that the ooma tab doesn't light blue.

Turn up the intensity knob on the right side of the box.