Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73912 by bdmullin
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 pm
How about doing away with the "cutsie" dial tone for a normal tone so automatic alarm dialers will function. This should have been a given. As it stands now I am either out the non-refundable purchase price of the Ooma; without a monitored alarm system or must pay for another telephone line to be run to my home specifically for the alarm system dialer. Where is the savings? I already had unlimited calling with my cell phone so there is no visible gain with the Ooma. The fact that this situation would occur should have been made clearly understood. There is another VOIP product on the market at a much lower price that is compatible with the auto dialers. Ooma customer support provided a less than acceptable response to this issue.
#73920 by lbmofo
Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:20 am
Didn't think the signature Ooma dialtone is the problem with Alarm systems working with Ooma; it is usually the handshaking reliability. If wired properly, alarm panels will always dial out. However, whether events get reported properly is a different story.

Ooma's official stance has always been "not compatible with Alarms."