Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73643 by jsevinsk
Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm
For incoming calls, it would be nice if Ooma could check the online phonebook for that number, and if it's in there, override the caller ID name with the name from the online phonebook. This would be especially useful for cell phones, because a lot don't show any name, or just show "WIRELESS CALLER".
#73646 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 pm
You must have a Hub. What you describe is what the Telo is already doing I think.

viewtopic.php?t=9092&start=10#p64591

BTW, AT&T & T-Mobile insert your name into CNAM db so your outgoing callerid would reflect your name to folks receiving your call. Verizon doesn't. So, I am guessing the "Wireless Caller" is a Verizon customer.
#73659 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 am
Eventually is the plan I think. If this gets implemented, the lookup is going to happen for basic Hub users for sure but not sure about Core Hub and Premier Hub users. Will the contact look up happen before the callerid name database dip? I am not certain.
#73696 by jsevinsk
Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:23 pm
lbmofo wrote:If this gets implemented, the lookup is going to happen for basic Hub users for sure but not sure about Core Hub and Premier Hub users.

What's a "Basic Hub" vs "Core Hub" vs "Premier Hub"? How do I know which Hub I have?
#73697 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 pm
Take a look at your my.ooma.com Account - Services section.

https://my.ooma.com/account/services

Either, it is Core, Basic, or Premier. These are level of service and of course, your hardware is Hub.

Premier features compared to Basic (except before contact lookup happens, callerid name will still be provided for the Hub)

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... comparison

Premier features compared to Core

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... comparison

FYI, Hub vs. Telo: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9245#p64442
#75724 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:51 am
jsevinsk wrote:I also noticed that when I get email notification about new voicemail, the caller's name doesn't show up in the email even though it's in my contact list. So, do my contact names show up anywhere other than in the call log?

In the voicemail section, name in contacts would show up.
#78914 by I_Ooma_2
Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:56 pm
jsevinsk wrote:I also noticed that when I get email notification about new voicemail, the caller's name doesn't show up in the email even though it's in my contact list. So, do my contact names show up anywhere other than in the call log?

I noticed this too after having my wife leave a test voicemail. I think it would be cool if the email body would show the caller ID info (preferably based on the contact list if the caller's number is in it).

It is functional (and very nice) as it is, but it would be even better to also see the caller's name/number in the email to help decide how 'urgent' the message may be and whether I want to listen to it now or put it off until later.

Just a thought. :D