Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73397 by dutchinchicago
Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 pm
But what would happen to my ooma if I port my number to google? I still want to keep ooma as my primary telephone but I do not care what it's number is as I will be using google voice to route my calls.
#73398 by kieranmullen
Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:31 pm
Please note: at this time, number porting to Google Voice is not available for land line numbers or corporate mobile numbers.

dutchinchicago wrote:If I would like to port my number from ooma to google would that be possible? Could I then get another number for my ooma or would it become useless?

I am in the process of porting my comcast number to ooma but would prefere to have my home number with google eventually. I probably will forward it to my ooma initially if possible.
#73399 by lbmofo
Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:37 pm
But in the future if u can, I think all u need to do is to let Ooma know u would want another number after port so the account stays active. The number change fee is about $20.
#73402 by kieranmullen
Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:45 pm
In the future, men will visit Mars too, but that is neither here not there. Of course their plan is to involve everyone. Gizmoproject had no such restrictions.

lbmofo wrote:But in the future if u can, I think all u need to do is to let Ooma know u would want another number after port so the account stays active. The number change fee is about $20.
#73404 by lbmofo
Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm
If porting out of landline is like landing on Mars, there'd be traffic control problems in Mars' airspace right now (:
#73405 by kieranmullen
Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 pm
Porting was not compared to Mars... It was compared to something in the future.. IOW who cares.. He is concerned with the present.

lbmofo wrote:If porting out of landline is like landing on Mars, there'd be traffic control problems in Mars' airspace right now (:
#73408 by lbmofo
Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 pm
kieranmullen wrote:who cares.. He is concerned with the present.

Therefore,

lbmofo wrote:But in the future if u can