Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73227 by Bosco
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:17 am
I have received telemarketer calls from one company and I then put them on my blacklist. I got a call the next night from them. They used a different number but had the same name on my caller ID. I am thinking that a great new feature would be the ability to block calls by the company name that comes up on caller ID as well as by the number. What do you think :?:
#73228 by EricJRW
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:20 am
I like it!

I also wish we could have more than one list.
#73652 by whn
Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 am
Bosco wrote:I have received telemarketer calls from one company and I then put them on my blacklist. I got a call the next night from them. They used a different number but had the same name on my caller ID. I am thinking that a great new feature would be the ability to block calls by the company name that comes up on caller ID as well as by the number. What do you think :?:

Make sure you report them to

DONOTCALL.gov
#76564 by bhayes002
Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:34 am
I would also like to add a blocking feature for specific area codes or exchanges. I often receive numbers from a Robocaller with 000 in the exchange (i.e. 329-000-3484). Since these numbers are different each time, it is extremely difficult to block them.

It would be great to further enhance this feature.
#76677 by wardsd
Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:58 pm
I agree with BHayes002 and would also like to request the ability to blacklist by area code or exchange. I am also getting calls from a robocaller. I keep blocking the numbers but they keep calling from different numbers. The "name" from the number is Holiday Inn Express so I guess they keep changing rooms to get different numbers. If I had the ability to block the entire exchange that would be great!
#76973 by M.E.
Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 am
Add my vote for the blocking of area codes. That would help out ALOT!
#77885 by heyeric88
Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 am
I just came to the boards to see if anyone had figured out a way to do this. I'd very much like to add my name to the list of people who would like this feature enabled.
#96955 by lmschurman
Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:15 pm
Very much in favor of area code blacklist,I have received over 20 calls from area code 202 in the last two months,very annoying.
#99554 by Oatmeal
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 pm
whn wrote:Make sure you report them to

DONOTCALL.gov
Unfortunately, it doesn't help.

I usually google the annoying telemarketing numbers I get. There are usually hundreds of complaints, and many of them have reported the violation. I think the increased number of telemarketing calls I'm now getting across all my unlisted numbers tells me that telemarketers violate the law without fear, because they are not getting prosecuted.

The law was revised once (to make enrollment permanent instead of expiring every few years). I think it is obvious that we need DoNotCall version 3, that has teeth in it. I would also recommend dropping the loophole that still allows calls from political, non-profits, and surveys. I don't want any unsolicited calls coming in. I'm guessing I'm not alone.