Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73195 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:45 pm
jcarcopo wrote:What cordless phone do you know of has to be rebooted?
Doesn't ring all handsets simulataneously?
Locks up when attempting to answer calls?
Has incorrect/incomplete caller-id information
Handset hibernates and forgets to wake up when a call comes in?
Has such sucky battery life that an update was applied to create a standby hibernation mode that causes it not to ring in time and not register incoming caller id properly?
Uses old fashion battery packs that are more costly than available AA and AAA rechargable available for Panasonic?
Dim & hard to read lcd display?
Is slow and sluggish to key presses and has 1 second delay between key presses?

I don't have a Telo handset so I can't speak to how well it works; I don't even know if problems you experience are experienced by others.

Could the Telo handsets be better? I am certain that the answer is Of Course!

However, conversely, how many cordless phones have these features?

• HD Voice
  • Do Not Disturb
  • Send to Voicemail
  • Online Phonebook
  • Instant Second Line
  • Baby Monitor
  • Personal Number with Private Voicemail
  • Call Screening
  • Google Voice Extensions
#73196 by rsg
Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm
jcarcopo wrote:
southsound wrote:Wow! What a brave person to post their actual phone number (in bold, no less) on a public forum. I'm not sure how wise it is to do so but I admire your courage!

Not brave. I simply don't rely on Ooma anymore. I waited a year for the problems to go away. I have the latest firmware. Ooma support has made claims that certain problems with their product are not going away and told me to get used to it.

Anyone want to buy a entire OOMA TELO SETUP with 4 Telo Handsets + 4 PANASONIC DECT 1.8GHZ Cordless Phones + 2 Years of OOMA PREMIER? My account is also grandfathered in from the original hub and I pay no regulatory fees.

Call me if interested in a great deal on pile of junk.

50% Retail for everything.

:D

As bad as your system is, I will give you 10 cents not 50 cents on the dollar. Just cuz I'm a swell guy and you seem in pain.
#73197 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:56 pm
jcarcopo wrote:Anyone want to buy a entire OOMA TELO SETUP with 4 Telo Handsets + 4 PANASONIC DECT 1.8GHZ Cordless Phones + 2 Years of OOMA PREMIER? My account is also grandfathered in from the original hub and I pay no regulatory fees.

The new owner will be charged a re-activation fee (because used) plus will be subject to RRF on monthly basis.

My recommendation still looks good to me. You can add on Premier if you'd like.

lbmofo wrote:Just my 2 cents here. If you hate the Telo handset so much, why not just use Telo and your Panny handsets as basic phone service?
#73234 by jcarcopo
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 am
lbmofo wrote:
jcarcopo wrote:What cordless phone do you know of has to be rebooted?
Doesn't ring all handsets simulataneously?
Locks up when attempting to answer calls?
Has incorrect/incomplete caller-id information
Handset hibernates and forgets to wake up when a call comes in?
Has such sucky battery life that an update was applied to create a standby hibernation mode that causes it not to ring in time and not register incoming caller id properly?
Uses old fashion battery packs that are more costly than available AA and AAA rechargable available for Panasonic?
Dim & hard to read lcd display?
Is slow and sluggish to key presses and has 1 second delay between key presses?

I don't have a Telo handset so I can't speak to how well it works; I don't even know if problems you experience are experienced by others.

Could the Telo handsets be better? I am certain that the answer is Of Course!

However, conversely, how many cordless phones have these features?

• HD Voice (my god! you have drank the KOOLAID! This feature only works with 2 people with a TELO HANDSET which both have crappy mics and earphone speakers!)
  • Do Not Disturb (GOOGLE VOICE, VONAGE, et al)
  • Send to Voicemail (GOOGLE VOICE, VONAGE, et al)
  • Online Phonebook ** **
  • Instant Second Line
  • Baby Monitor
  • Personal Number with Private Voicemail (ANY PHONE SYSTEM)
  • Call Screening (GOOGLE VOICE)
  • Google Voice Extensions
(GOOGLE)

Jesus, you are a fan boy for ooma that doesn't even own the telo handset?

Your opinion is worthless, go troll somewhere else for attention.
#73235 by jcarcopo
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 am
lbmofo wrote:
jcarcopo wrote:Anyone want to buy a entire OOMA TELO SETUP with 4 Telo Handsets + 4 PANASONIC DECT 1.8GHZ Cordless Phones + 2 Years of OOMA PREMIER? My account is also grandfathered in from the original hub and I pay no regulatory fees.

The new owner will be charged a re-activation fee (because used) plus will be subject to RRF on monthly basis. ONLY IF YOU CALL OOMA AND TELL THEM! WHO IS THAT DUMB?

My recommendation still looks good to me. You can add on Premier if you'd like.

lbmofo wrote:Just my 2 cents here. If you hate the Telo handset so much, why not just use Telo and your Panny handsets as basic phone service?
#73236 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 am
jcarcopo wrote:I would be very happy if OOMA would simply refund my account for 2 year of OOMA Premier & for the subpar Telo Handsets. :P

jcarcopo wrote:Jesus, you are a fan boy for ooma that doesn't even own the telo handset?
Your opinion is worthless, go troll somewhere else for attention.

jcarcopo wrote:The new owner will be charged a re-activation fee (because used) plus will be subject to RRF on monthly basis. ONLY IF YOU CALL OOMA AND TELL THEM! WHO IS THAT DUMB?

Your comments speak volumes to your rectitudinous character.
Now, I can only arrive at 2) below and also conclude that your complaints are nothing more than self serving white noise.

lbmofo wrote:Man....took 12 handsets to settle on 4? Anyone else had to toss 66+% of their handsets before finding a working handset?

Either you have been

1) very unlucky or
2) you are unreasonably demanding or
3) your expectations are not inline with available Telo/handset features
#73240 by WayneDsr
Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 pm
Your comments speak volumes to your rectitudinous character.
Now, I can only arrive at 2) below and also conclude that your complaints are nothing more than self serving white noise.

Agreed.

Wayne
#73930 by Morpheus
Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 am
I've went through more than a dozen handsets, since the Telo was released. Thank goodness I bought through Costco. I have had black screens (black screens unable to reactivate, and some as simple as unplugging the battery), and batteries getting extremely hot. I started with 4 handsets and now only have two.

Just today I figured out I was getting no connection from my handset to my Telo. They looked fine by looking at the screen, but calling only the light on the Telo indicated a incoming call. The handsets were not responding.

After first restarting the telo (which did'nt work), I found that I had to re-register all the handsets in order for the handsets to communicate with the Telo.

Yes... Ooma should take all these handsets and shove them. Once I'm unable to get replacements through Costco, I'll install a new phone system, keeping the Telo.

For me, I bought the Telo and handsets through Costco, so anytime I can return them for a full refund.

Anyone have a suggestion of a good techie phone? I tried the Siemens Gigaset SL785, but they were a little pricey.
#73940 by shellz
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:07 am
Telo Handset is certainly not reliable. I too keep reaching out for my Panasonic cordless. That is why I have only 1 handset.
Some of the cons:
Short battery life.
In many situations unable to pick up a call.
Dim screen.

Some pros:
Ability to send call to voice mail.
Second line (premier).