Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73093 by 7146385838
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm
Hello,

I currently have a business line with a voice mail service that allows me to receive a fax after my voice mail greeting is played. The system received the fax and converts it to a "PDF" form that I can log in to my account on line and view,print.

This would be a great addition to the premier service if we could add this, I would change my service today if that was available.

Thank You

Francis Cruz
714-906-4864
#73095 by ntoy
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:43 pm
Hello,

Welcome to the forums!

I suggest changing your forum user name to something other than your phone number to avoid unwanted callers.
Please send me a personal message to change it to something else.

Thanks
#73229 by EricJRW
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 am
It's in the sig too... I'm tempted to call and see who answers. :D
#73341 by kieranmullen
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 pm
Probably depends on how many people would be interested in that service given that the market for faxes may not be growing (I have no data supporting this) and the fax services market is already pretty competitive. I pay $1 a month through onesuite.com for a dedicated number that accepts faxes and emails me a pdf.

7146385838 wrote:Hello,

I currently have a business line with a voice mail service that allows me to receive a fax after my voice mail greeting is played. The system received the fax and converts it to a "PDF" form that I can log in to my account on line and view,print.

This would be a great addition to the premier service if we could add this, I would change my service today if that was available.

Thank You

Francis Cruz
714-906-4864
#73417 by oomg
Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 pm
Unlimited incoming fax to email in PDF format; $1.00 per month. And they provide a dedicated fax number.
See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp

Given the availability of products like this, I would much prefer that Ooma concentrate on maintaining and/or improving on the core services.
#73488 by oomg
Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:32 am
kieranmullen wrote:Mentioned in previous post. Oh well.

Obviously, great minds think alike... and I have repeated a similar message several times over the last year. See, e.g.:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1184&hilit=oomg&start=20
and here,
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1184&p=49067&hilit=oomg#p49067
and twice here (got to watch those double posts)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10455&p=72670&hilit=babies#p72670

As I see it, Ooma would be wasting time, money and effort if they were to develope an efax system to complement their phone systems.
#73852 by EricJRW
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:44 am
Might make for a good merger.
#74474 by oomg
Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 am
EricJRW wrote:Might make for a good merger.

Probably not... there are already a number of companies that offer both VOIP and efax (and some offer other services as well). For example, OneSuite also offers VOIP services in addition to its efax service. Packetel who also offers VOIP, transferred all of its efax clients to MyFax. While the fax as a means of communicating is not dead, the need for a fax machine (or the ability to send/receive a fax) is diminished by the ability to scan and email a copy of a document. I don't see faxing as a growth industry; more likely a declining business.

Personally, I would prefer that Ooma concentrate on what it does best; i.e. perfect their existing products. Perhaps if Ooma is looking to the future, they might want to integrate video into their product; perhaps even video conferencing.