Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#5051 by Beowoof
Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:21 am
Ooma states: "Just pay a one-time porting charge of $39.99, or enjoy complimentary number porting with an annual subscription to ooma Premier ($99.99)."

Well, I signed up for Premier service on Feb 12, 2009 and I still haven't received the $39.99 credit.

How long does it take for you to process this credit?
Last edited by Beowoof on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#5079 by Beowoof
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:06 pm
I paid for the porting in Dec and didn't sign up for the Premier service until Feb. Ooma provides a 90 trial of Premier, so we decided to try it out first.

Ooma states that they will refund the $39.99 porting charge even if you paid for it in advance provided you sign up for the Premier service within the 90 day trial period. I confirmed that with them by phone as well.

I wonder why has been six weeks and still no credit has been applied.

Even AT&T is faster than that...
#5080 by dlong
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:31 pm
You should have said that you paid $140. I think this has a shade of gray to it. I think you need to call them and talk to them in person on this Instead of putting this into the forum arena. You should find that ooma is quite responsive now. Hell, I called yesterday afternoon, and someone picked up in 7 minutes! They've been listening!
#5081 by murphy
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:41 pm
Beowoof wrote:Ooma provides a 90 trial of Premier, so we decided to try it out first.

ooma provides a 60 day trial of Premier.
#5099 by just4fn
Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:22 pm
I purchased my Ooma from Costco and was given 6 months of Premier service. I signed up for the 99.00 premier service anyway and ported my number for free. Because of the 6 months I got from Costco, Ooma isn't going to charge me for 18 months. 6 months free and free porting=cool
#5345 by scots
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:10 am
Beowoof wrote:I paid for the porting in Dec and didn't sign up for the Premier service until Feb. Ooma provides a 90 trial of Premier, so we decided to try it out first.

Ooma states that they will refund the $39.99 porting charge even if you paid for it in advance provided you sign up for the Premier service within the 90 day trial period. I confirmed that with them by phone as well.

I wonder why has been six weeks and still no credit has been applied.

Even AT&T is faster than that...

When you spoke with them previously, did they say that the credit would be automatic? It may take a phone call from you and some manual intervention from someone at ooma if you port first and then sign up for Premier later.
#5353 by Sublime
Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:19 am
I received a Trial Expiration Notification email from ooma.
Here is the paragraph about the port refund:

Free number transfer

Transfer your number for free with an annual subscription to ooma Premier (a $39.99 value). If you've already transferred your number, we'll refund your porting fee if you subscribe before the end of your trial.

I haven't subscribed yet, so I can't tell you how long the refund takes if you already ported a number.