Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#72454 by arkumar15
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:02 pm
I have been using ooma core for more than one and half year. 15 minutes before, i started seeing the hub is flashing red. I tried to turn off the system and reboot again. It didn't solve this problem. Is anyone having this problem. Is there any outage ? I am in texas.
#72455 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:06 pm
Verify that your Internet provider isn't down. Reboot your modem, than if your Ooma device is next in line, your Ooma device, or if your router is next, reboot your router, than your Ooma device.
Good luck
#72456 by arkumar15
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:09 pm
thunderbird wrote:Verify that your Internet provider isn't down. Reboot your modem, than if your Ooma device is next in line, your Ooma device, or if your router is next, reboot your router, than your Ooma device.
Good luck

Hi Thunderbird,

The internet is fine. Because it was first thing i checked and posted this message through laptop connected to the router wirelessly.
#72457 by dgraham0731
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:18 pm
I'm having the same problem. I have 2 ooma cores, both went out at the same time. I've had them over a year no problems. Now, I have internet, same results that I've had with the bandwidth tests. Just flashing red lights. I tried to see if I rebooted my modem, router and ooma would work, but it didn't work. I have internet and wireless is fine, my roku is streaming fine, the ooma's are not working, just flashing red lights. I'm in Southern California.
#72459 by dgraham0731
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm
I've rebooted the ooma's several times and still the same blinking red lights. We were using the phone and hung up, then tried to make another call and we got the dial tone, then the call would not ring, tried several times. Then rebooted the ooma's and then the red flashing lights started and it wouldn't connect to ooma. I see the mac addresses in my router.
#72461 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm
Something else to try is:

Temporarily turn off your WiFi in your computer.

1. Temporarily access your Ooma Telo home port by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma device's home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
2. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
3. Ooma device setup:
a. Enable Ooma device’s built-in MAC address.
b. Select save.
4. Cold boot your Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma, which ever way your Ooma is set up.
5. Make sure that the first device comes up before the next and so on.

Good Luck.
Last edited by thunderbird on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#72463 by dgraham0731
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 pm
I looked at my ooma setup and it said
Your ooma Network is Disconnected(GRAXXXX DXXXX)

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connecting, please wait...

Phone Line: Disconnected

Ooma Services

Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled

Voice Mail: Enabled

But fortunately both HUBs just came back up. I think OOMA is having problems, after reading all the posts. I hope they aren't about to go under :(
#72464 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:57 pm
I’m thinking it was just a momentary network interruption. If you modem would have been rebooted, your Ooma device may have come up sooner. But Ooma might have had a problem also.
#72468 by lbmofo
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:33 pm
dgraham0731 wrote:I think OOMA is having problems, after reading all the posts. I hope they aren't about to go under :(

That shouldn't make above the line of your worry list. :) I agree with thunderbird on what probably happened.