Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#79351 by Bill D
Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm
I've accomplished true two-line support with two Hubs without Premier. $0 per month for the last 18 months.
#79352 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 pm
Only 2 Hubs or 2 Telos can give you true 2 lines with less limitations.

Single main device limitation: If numbers are tied to the same main device, can't call each other. This is including Hub/Scout setup. viewtopic.php?t=9480#p65797

All Ooma setup limitation: "forward all" or "multi-ring" setup doesn't work if incoming call is coming from an Ooma number.
#84479 by jells
Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:57 pm
Piling on, as another home office user, I simply would not have bought a Telo had I understood the nature of the 2 line service. I've had 2 line svc from Vonage for years: one modem, one account, feeding into a Dect-6 2 line phone system. It boggles me Ooma can't pull this off. I was planning on using a Premier account, but having to buy another unit and having 2 Premier's would be a bit much I think. I'll likely Ebay this one, I procrastinated beyond the return period before actually installing it.
#93933 by SGB
Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 am
I just wanted to add my displeasure with the fake 2 line support.
Before buying I asked customer service if I would be able to use my existing 2 line phones with the OOMA telco and was told yes. They didn't point out that both phone numbers would cause both lines on the phones to ring!
I just got the numbers ported so I'm still playing with the setup, but based on this forum information I doubt I'm going to find a happy solution. I might consider the ooma handset but I need to have a headset, which their handset does not support.
Not to sure if a second telco will give me what I need either.
Not happy with the way this has been marketed. :cry:
#94042 by bob_442
Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:31 am
I've already posted a request for real two-line support, but am chiming in again.

An auxiliary device with a phone jack that communicates with the telo in the
same wireless manner that the telo handset does is all that is needed here.
The same programming would be needed, but that is a one-time task and once
done, two *real* lines would be available with premier service.

Bob