Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#72253 by sharing411
Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:02 pm
I have a blue tooth cell phone that is paired with my car. While in the car the phone battery gets quickly drained by the blue tooth function. Does this also happen with the Ooma blue tooth adapter paired with a cell phone at home? I'm thinking that if I get the Ooma blue tooth adapter that my cell phone battery may frequently be low or close to dead. That would really diminish having an emergency back up phone in emergency situations where power may be knocked out. Any thoughts or solutions? Thanks.
#72254 by southsound
Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:11 pm
They make these really cool things called "chargers" that can keep your battery full. When at home, I just plug mine in so I have a full charge whenever I take it out. Since you will be using your BT through ooma to answer the phone, the tether should not be a problem.

I also think I may have forgotten my manners with your first post... Welcome to ooma and to the forum! I think you'll like it here. :cool:
#72273 by sharing411
Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:12 pm
Thank you for the welcome and your funny sarcasm ;-) I'm happy with the support here.

The way my phone drains in the car I'm thinking that in order to have a full or close to full charge most of the time that I would need to keep the phone on the charger but isn't that not good for the battery?
#72275 by southsound
Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:32 pm
sharing411 wrote:Thank you for the welcome and your funny sarcasm ;-) I'm happy with the support here.

The way my phone drains in the car I'm thinking that in order to have a full or close to full charge most of the time that I would need to keep the phone on the charger but isn't that not good for the battery?

My experience with the modern cell phone batteries has been excellent - even though I keep mine in the charger most of the time. I did have problems with the older battery technology where you needed to drain them fully before charging - but I believe that is a thing of the past. Could you post your cell phone brand and model and maybe someone with that same model can give you first hand experience.
#72283 by sharing411
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 pm
Thank you. I'm using a Razor. It's just over 2 years old. I forget the model. The cell/smart phones these days are so flimsy and cheap feeling. This Razor is much sturdier than the plastic-y phones these days (except the iPhone - nice and sturdy and smart looking). Waiting for Verizon to offer iPhone... Maybe Droid is better...
#72295 by murphy
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm
The Motorola RAZR uses a Lithium-ion battery. It can't be overcharged and can be recharged at any discharge level. It's best to not run it completely flat.