Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#5008 by Tacoma Driver
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:43 pm
Just thought I'd drop a note about this system. Got and hooked it up this afternoon with very few issues. (I researched here and elsewhere before hooking it up.)
So far I'm impressed. Not quite landline quality, mostly from my end I think.
A few people have mentioned I sound scratchy, or break up at times while everyone else sounds great. Calls directly from the hub seem to work best.
I have mediocre speed on my cable internet (3Megs down, 256K up), but I changed the QOS down to about 80% of my upload speed, and seems to work! Our city has a fibre optic system they put in a few years ago that they sell cable TV and internet through, and that could be the difference. (Click! Network)
When I do the test at WhichVOIP.com I get excellent results. Very little jitter, no packet loss and very little delay. All the buttons come up green with a 99% QOS, and a MOS of 4.
So I feel pretty lucky about that after reading some of the issues on this forum!
Anyway, can't wait to cut the cord to the monopoly phone co. and hope that Ooma stays in business for a long time!
#5017 by WayneDsr
Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:52 am
Great and welcome to the ooma family!

Wayne
#5117 by lohertz
Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:00 am
Thanks for the test site Tacoma.

It does a really good job of the measurables and will be recommending that site.

So many threads are on connection measurables. Specifically, I think the QoS has a lot to do with it, and to properly set the engine to the right speed. I know my QoS greatly improved when I changed the uplink speed, from 384 (what I had it before OOMA) to 256 (after configuring everything). Mine went from 18% to 99%. Wow!
My stats:
AT&T DSL 1.5Mbps/384Kbps
QoS set to 256Kbps
http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
Down: 1.31 Mbps
Up: 213 Kbps
QoS: 99%
jitter: 0.3ms
packet loss: 0.0%