Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73934 by Bear207
Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 am
I would entertain the idea depending upon the cost for a lifetime premier option
#74816 by rajeev
Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 pm
Having used Ooma Premier for over 2 years now, I am willing to pay for lifetime subscription unless its priced obnoxiously. Will Ooma consider offering this to selective customers such as Premier or early adopters ?
#76703 by Dieterman
Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:44 am
I would certainly be interested. Count me in. The costs that have been discussed so far seem reasonable to me.
#76733 by roadshow
Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:34 am
The only way I would consider Premier is if it was a one time lifetime price. I bought OOMA to eliminate monthly bills.
#76750 by EricJRW
Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 am
I wonder what the reason was for the offer in the first place? It must be a great way to generate an influx of cash, perhaps when needed. If ooma is doing well (which is good for us), perhaps they won't need the cash, so no lifetime offer.

I personally like the idea, but $500 would be a bit steep. $400 seems palatable, but even then it would be a tough decision for me.
#76774 by roadshow
Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:52 am
I think 319.99 is a good price. It's about 2 1/2 years of Premier Premium.
#76775 by murphy
Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 pm
The formula for the original plan was 3.5 times Annual Premier.
#76987 by AzJazz
Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 am
I have a mixed opinion on this.

I, too, would like a Lifetime option ... BUT ... I also want to see Ooma succeed as a business.

I suspect that Ooma's main, long-term revenue source is through Premier memberships. Selling Telo base stations helps Ooma in the short term for cash flow, but they will need to get a continuous stream of money from some percentage of their existing customer base to succeed for the long term.

Eventually, Ooma's sales of base stations will saturate. They need a revenue stream that carries them through past that point.
#76993 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm
AzJazz, one more thing on your revenue stream topic....the Ooma device will break sometime in the future.
When they break, more revenue for Ooma; if what Rich said is accurate, Ooma won't lose money by servicing even the basic/core customers given that their devices don't last forever.

lbmofo wrote:About what the Ex Ooma CMO, Rich Buchanan, said about what the cost is per sub:

Rich was talking about $1.75 a month @0.5 cents per min worst scenario termination cost with average of 350 outgoing minutes; he was talking cost per sub of about $21 a year. BTW, Rich was figuring the life span of the Ooma device @ 5 years.

http://www.fiercevoip.com/story/ooma-co ... 2009-03-19