Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73730 by JacobsLive
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm
lbmofo wrote:That additional long distance consumption, I don't get where you are coming from. You try to use Ooma outside the realm of what they offer as far as "value" package and you blame Ooma for that? C'Mon Man!

Don't worry about where I am coming from. I have friends and family around the globe. I have a lot of fiends that I know consuming international minutes like me and in the same situation as me.

If you do well above 1000 international minutes a month, stop complaining and go with Vonage World.

There you go! I repeatedly said why I am comparing only PP and Ooma, and still you asking me to go to Vonage. I wish you read the entire post and not just the words "Rip-off" lol

JacobsLive wrote:Now just for the record:
Am I keeping Ooma service? Yes.
My new setup is Ooma with Premium = $13.50/month
Voipdiscount SIP for making international calls assuming that I will make 2000 international minutes=$16.00/Month (.008 cent/minute for the destination I call mostly)
Total: $29.50 (including all taxes)
Still better than Vonage and PP and I can still use Fax/Alarm System.
Am I ditching PP: Yes :) But I could not have done this just with Ooma, I had to get another SIP provider too.

BottomLine:
Will I recommend Ooma for Power users? NO
Will I recommend Ooma for Basic users? Yes
Is Ooma a rip-off for Power users? Yes
Is Ooma a rip-off for Basic users? No way!

If Ooma is such a "rip-off," why do you intend to continue with Ooma? I don't think I can call you a basic user...am I missing something? You leverage Ooma to enable $ savings for yourself (I don't care what you also have to get outside of Ooma) and yet you call Ooma "rip-off?" C'Mon Man! Let your actions do your talking; if Ooma is "rip-off," why are you sticking with it?

My answer for that is already in my previous posts and this post, if you read it carefully other that just reading "rip-off".

Still looks and smells like BS to me! Tell you the truth, I am overwhelmed with disgust right now.

Ha ha, thats the way I wanted you to be. Remember I told you that I have better things to do other than arguing and comparing to a person who is not willing to admit the facts but just defend because he is "fan", you didn't let it go. So if you are disgust right now, you brought that to yourself!
#73731 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm
I am disgusted because you are calling Ooma "rip-off" yet you leverage Ooma for your $ savings. :? From you, Ooma deserves more respect than that.
#73732 by JacobsLive
Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:28 pm
lbmofo wrote:I am disgusted because you are calling Ooma "rip-off" yet you leverage Ooma for your $ savings. :? From you, Ooma deserves more respect than that.

I don't leverage Ooma for my savings! I am keeping Ooma because I am smart enough to find work arounds to save money and to keep Ooma for the sole purpose of fax/alarm connectivity yet by paying premium fee for just one feature; forward to voice mail which I consider is a basic feature.

Not everyone can/want to do that. So if you are a power user and wants to take advantage of Ooma, get ready to be ripped off! Oops, did I say that again? :D

Oh by the way I paid enough re$pect to Ooma. Also I am recommending Ooma for "basic" users without any doubt! What else you expect from me?

I am calling premiums service **** because it is ****. Hope the stars will make u feel better :D
#73765 by Zindar
Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 am
I'm definitely just a basic user, so fortunately this thread doesn't make me feel worse. :D

Well, I use the fax maybe once every week or two... I assume that doesn't disqualify me from being a basic user. Faxing is working for me...
#73766 by JacobsLive
Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am
Zindar wrote:I'm definitely just a basic user, so fortunately this thread doesn't make me feel worse. :D

Well, I use the fax maybe once every week or two... I assume that doesn't disqualify me from being a basic user. Faxing is working for me...

Lucky you :D I wish I could be a basic user and I would have been praising Ooma so high. But unfortunately I can't since I need some features from their "Premium Service" :(
#73933 by Bear207
Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:33 am
All I can say is society wants everything for little to nothing.

Save what money you can, but for crying out loud, these companies have to make enough money to stay in business.
It costs money to provide the services and develop the infrastructure / apps that we are using.

No one company can supply the exact set of features that will satisfy every single customer for little to no fee; so choose the one who can do what you want for the fee you are willing to pay and accept it. Use two if that what works.

I too have a problem with the term "rip off" when you are talking the money we are on this forum. "Unreasonable" maybe, yet to me "rip off" is reserved for the insurance, credit card, and medical / pharmaceutical industries.

Have a good day folks.
#74162 by Zindar
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 am
Bear207 wrote:All I can say is society wants everything for little to nothing.
And with ooma, they can get it. :P :cool:

Bear207 wrote:yet to me "rip off" is reserved for the insurance, credit card, and medical / pharmaceutical industries.
I think most industries have good companies and bad apples, so I would not restrict this term's usage to that list of industries, nor would I with a broad brush say any of those industries are evil either.
#76593 by greenapple
Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:48 pm
NB2A wrote:This app is a ripoff as others stated! I have yet to get it work on an android 2.2 platform.I can log on but cannot get icon to turn from red to blue as it is supposed to.I keep getting network disconnect message either on 3g or Wifi after dialing a number. This app should be free until the bugs are worked out and looking at all the issues posted on the market comments.Customer support once again has also proven to be clueless about a fix!

I am having the same problem as NB2A. I could not get the icon to turn from red to blue. I have tried to generate new passwords and disable and re-enable my mobile account but nothing works. I have also tried this on both 3G and my home network. On my home network, my Telo is working fine, so there should not be any issue related to the firewall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have LG Ally phone running on Android 2.2.1 platform.
#78232 by 6057174213
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 pm
I kept getting the network disconnected warning and could not get the Ooma logo to turn blue. Then, I uninstalled, reinstalled, generated a new password (and most important I think) SAVEd the password on the same page that I generated it on. Since then the app is working fine.
#81739 by lint42
Fri May 20, 2011 6:51 am
The app is useless. I paid $10 for it on my wife's phone so she could call her mother (who has ooma, thanks to me :) for free and I can faintly hear someone on the cell phone and she can hear nothing on her ooma phone.