Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#71349 by junaid5
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:50 pm
I just signed up with Verizon for Unlimited calling to 120 countries for $30.00 a month :shock: . I would like to program OOma to use my landline for those 120 countries or each time 00+country code is dialed, OOma uses the landline to dial out :D . Also, Canada and other countries should go out thru the landline. I do not want any incoming calls on Verizon.

I know the current solution would be to have 2 separate phone sets, but I would love to do all with 1 set. (Already have 4 Panasonic handsets)

Otherwise I am perfectly happy with OOMA, I use OOMA basic Telo.
#71350 by southsound
Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Call routing on the ooma cannot be changed so I believe your best bet would be to have two separate sets of handsets - one for your landline and one for your ooma. We have done this in our home and although half of our family does not care for it, I have no problem with 6 lines, 10 phone numbers, and 20 handsets. If you decide to do this I would recommend some way of marking the handsets for easy identification. No problem with incoming calls - I just tell my wife to answer any of the phones that are lit up when the phone rings. For outgoing, the ones with the smiley face are the landline for local calls only, the ones without are for our ooma system, the funny ones she hates with the blue light are for the Telo, and the ones in the network closet are for the Cisco ATA. I can't imagine why she has such a hard time knowing which one to use. :shock:
#71355 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 pm
southsound wrote:......although half of our family does not care for it, I have no problem with 6 lines, 10 phone numbers, and 20 handsets.

SouthSound, your wonderful bride of 27 years may stop making sweet potato pies for you if you get one more handset in the house :)
#71375 by southsound
Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:09 am
lbmofo wrote:
southsound wrote:......although half of our family does not care for it, I have no problem with 6 lines, 10 phone numbers, and 20 handsets.

SouthSound, your wonderful bride of 27 years may stop making sweet potato pies for you if you get one more handset in the house :)

I better hide a couple of them, just in case. Today I'm making white chocolate cranberry cookies but tomorrow is her day to bake the sweet potato pies. :P
#71482 by southsound
Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm
oldtimercurt wrote:Southsound, sounds like an interesting cookie recipie. Care to share?

OTC

Because you asked...

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies

2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup margarine or butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs or ½ cup eggbeaters
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup crasins (sweetened dried cranberries)

Preheat oven to 360° (convection) or 375° (regular). Combine: flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat margarine or butter, both sugars and vanilla in a larger bowl. Mix until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Gradually fold in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and crasins. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto parchment paper on sheet pan. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 50 to 60 cookies.

Bonus Recipe...

Linguine with Clam Sauce

2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1 tsp minced garlic
1/8 Cup butter (we use Bummel & Brown)
1/8 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Can chopped clams (we like Snows)
1/4 Cup chicken stock or white wine
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
Johnny's Garlic Spread/Seasoning to taste
1 1/2 tsp chopped parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese
6-8 Oz. Barilla Whole Grain Linguine

In a 10" skillet, sauté the garlic in the butter/oil mix until golden. Add liquid from chopped clams, stock or wine, Johnny's and spices. Simmer for five minutes to reduce liquid and evaporate alcohol. Add clams and parsley, cook over medium heat until hot. Add cooked linguine and mix with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy! Makes 2-3 servings.