Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#370 by mspsp
Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:26 am
Call forwarding, simultaneous ring etc are very nice features and should be a must for any voip provider. However I think most of them (including ooma) do not offer "scheduled" call forwarding or simultaneous ring.
e. g. from "this" date to "that" date I am away from home and I want my calls forwarded to my cell phone and then after "that" date the calls should automatically start coming to my home phone without me having to change the call forwarding settings. Or during day time I need the calls forwarded to my work number and the forwarding should stop after 6 pm and so on.. I suggest that OOMA work on this feature. It will be popular I guess.
#402 by Bobby B
Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 am
Hi mspsp, great idea -- having the flexibility to control call forwarding based on a time, or your current location would be an excellent feature. Thanks for the suggestion!
#946 by JadeKyle
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:48 am
Hey Bobby, a second problem here is with my iPhone. Because the screen on iPhone shuts off when you approach youe ear/face, when a call comes in forwarded from Ooma, I cannot tell that is where it is coming from. I press accept call, put it to my ear, remove it from my ear once Ooma tells me that is what is coming in, push keypad display, and press 1. Any chance of configuring it somehow, so when you look at the display you can tell it was forwarded from Ooma at-a-glance? I love that it currrently displays who is calling me at home, so the ID on it still works great, but, I would like to have prior knowledge that it is Ooma forwarding it before I get the headset up to my ear. Love the feature though..great when working outside around the house and you phones are too bulky to keep on your person during tasks. And, well, needless-to-say great when away from home.
#947 by Bobby B
Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:57 pm
So basically you're looking for the ability to tell if an incoming call is coming as either:

a. a regular call to your iPhone OR
b. an ooma-forwarded call to your iPhone.

With just looking at the display on your iPhone, I think we could achieve this by sending a caller-ID of all "1's" to your iPhone for an ooma-forwarded call. So you'd see the caller-ID number as "111-111-1111" That way you could tell it was an ooma-forwarded call. Unfortunately this means, you'd lose the ability to true incoming caller-ID on ooma-forwarded calls.
#950 by JadeKyle
Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:34 pm
Honestly, probably much better the way it is now. Still a greater asset to know who is calling, than where they called you at. Just an iPhone drawback. Most phones you can just hit the 1 button, iPhone is take off face, wait for display to return, push button that brings up keyboard, push 1. But, the features kicks major butt, and is elsewise, perfect as it stands. Thanks.
#957 by Dennis P
Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 pm
As a fellow iPhone user, I understand the inconvenience of hitting 1 to accept the call. One way to solve the problem would be to allow a voice command to accept the call ("accept"). That way you don't have to take the phone away from your ear. Not a trivial thing to do, but we could look into it.
#1134 by cmti
Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:09 pm
I am following this conversation, I have a different call forwarding question -

1. When the internet/cable is "out/down", then only would like incoming calls into ooma forwarded to another number (say cell phone). Then, atleast I am aware that the internet/cable is down (esp when we are outside the house).
#1138 by tjphoton
Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:56 pm
cmti wrote:I am following this conversation, I have a different call forwarding question -

1. When the internet/cable is "out/down", then only would like incoming calls into ooma forwarded to another number (say cell phone). Then, atleast I am aware that the internet/cable is down (esp when we are outside the house).

That's a great feature I would also like ooma to have.
#1296 by tmf
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:25 am
I like the ooma multi ring feature and do not mind pressing 1.

It would be nice when the ooma says "press 1 to accept this call...." if it said the number calling (example: "press 1 to accept this call from 555-555-5555" or hang up....."

Love the system so far though! thanks

Dennis P wrote:As a fellow iPhone user, I understand the inconvenience of hitting 1 to accept the call. One way to solve the problem would be to allow a voice command to accept the call ("accept"). That way you don't have to take the phone away from your ear. Not a trivial thing to do, but we could look into it.