Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#70977 by eddycurrents
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm
I came home from work and my Telo was completely black so I figured it was dead. I cursed, stamped my feet, sent an email to customer support, wailed, gnashed my teeth, etc.

Then I tried a call, and it worked. Wth?

Then I happened upon a post here that mentioned the brightness button. You hit it too many times and the thing goes black. The maids must have bumped it.

ARRRGGGHH! A brightness button should never kill the lights entirely. It should go to dimmest setting, not "off". At least leave the brightness button lit so you can find it.

How many other people have been similarly fooled, and sent out spurious support requests?
#70993 by Trinimd
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:48 pm
I actually like they fact you can dim all the lights off. Especially in a dark room. That one light will always bother me.

Now only if they would have used that "technology" for the handset led light. Sigh :(
#70997 by southsound
Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:02 pm
Trinimd wrote:Now only if they would have used that "technology" for the handset led light. Sigh :(

Actually, there is a technology that works quite well. It also comes in a variety of colors to suit most every need.

#71007 by Trinimd
Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:11 am
lol
#71015 by hpepper
Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 am
southsound wrote:
Trinimd wrote:Now only if they would have used that "technology" for the handset led light. Sigh :(

Actually, there is a technology that works quite well. It also comes in a variety of colors to suit most every need.

Yes, Southsound, that IS great technology - Just make sure you follow directions and don't EVER use duct tape
on duct work. :o
#71021 by WayneDsr
Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:40 am
I'd fire my maid. Its' easier than calling tech support. :D

Wayne
#71805 by rschoonh
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Well, sorry to say, more or less the same thing happened to me. Happy ending, but I should have thought to check the Ethernet link/activity lights on the back before cursing the Ooma gods.
#72091 by arkumar15
Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 pm
I have been using my ooma core for the last one and half year. Recently, i noticed that the brightness button doesn't work. It is remaining same whether i lower or increase the brightness. I am not sure whether the unit is dying or not because line 1 and line 2 buttons brightness also becoming dim. Is anyone else having this problem.
#72094 by murphy
Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 pm
arkumar15 wrote:I have been using my ooma core for the last one and half year. Recently, i noticed that the brightness button doesn't work. It is remaining same whether i lower or increase the brightness. I am not sure whether the unit is dying or not because line 1 and line 2 buttons brightness also becoming dim. Is anyone else having this problem.

Just to be sure, you are using the wheel on the right side (brightness) and not the one on the left side (volume).
#72145 by Davesworld
Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 pm
murphy wrote:
arkumar15 wrote:I have been using my ooma core for the last one and half year. Recently, i noticed that the brightness button doesn't work. It is remaining same whether i lower or increase the brightness. I am not sure whether the unit is dying or not because line 1 and line 2 buttons brightness also becoming dim. Is anyone else having this problem.

Just to be sure, you are using the wheel on the right side (brightness) and not the one on the left side (volume).

Not on a Telo. It's a touch pad that goes in increments.