Stupid brightness button

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
eddycurrents

Stupid brightness button

Post by eddycurrents » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I came home from work and my Telo was completely black so I figured it was dead. I cursed, stamped my feet, sent an email to customer support, wailed, gnashed my teeth, etc.

Then I tried a call, and it worked. Wth?

Then I happened upon a post here that mentioned the brightness button. You hit it too many times and the thing goes black. The maids must have bumped it.

ARRRGGGHH! A brightness button should never kill the lights entirely. It should go to dimmest setting, not "off". At least leave the brightness button lit so you can find it.

How many other people have been similarly fooled, and sent out spurious support requests?

Trinimd

Re: Stupid brightness button

Post by Trinimd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:48 pm

I actually like they fact you can dim all the lights off. Especially in a dark room. That one light will always bother me.

Now only if they would have used that "technology" for the handset led light. Sigh :(
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Trinimd wrote:Now only if they would have used that "technology" for the handset led light. Sigh :(
Actually, there is a technology that works quite well. It also comes in a variety of colors to suit most every need.

ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:11 am

lol
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 am

southsound wrote:
Trinimd wrote:Now only if they would have used that "technology" for the handset led light. Sigh :(
Actually, there is a technology that works quite well. It also comes in a variety of colors to suit most every need.

Yes, Southsound, that IS great technology - Just make sure you follow directions and don't EVER use duct tape
on duct work. :o

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:40 am

I'd fire my maid. Its' easier than calling tech support. :D

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

rschoonh

Post by rschoonh » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Well, sorry to say, more or less the same thing happened to me. Happy ending, but I should have thought to check the Ethernet link/activity lights on the back before cursing the Ooma gods.
Ooma Telo with one handset on AT&T U-verse 6Mb DSL

arkumar15

Post by arkumar15 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 pm

I have been using my ooma core for the last one and half year. Recently, i noticed that the brightness button doesn't work. It is remaining same whether i lower or increase the brightness. I am not sure whether the unit is dying or not because line 1 and line 2 buttons brightness also becoming dim. Is anyone else having this problem.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 pm

arkumar15 wrote:I have been using my ooma core for the last one and half year. Recently, i noticed that the brightness button doesn't work. It is remaining same whether i lower or increase the brightness. I am not sure whether the unit is dying or not because line 1 and line 2 buttons brightness also becoming dim. Is anyone else having this problem.
Just to be sure, you are using the wheel on the right side (brightness) and not the one on the left side (volume).
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Davesworld

Post by Davesworld » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 pm

murphy wrote:
arkumar15 wrote:I have been using my ooma core for the last one and half year. Recently, i noticed that the brightness button doesn't work. It is remaining same whether i lower or increase the brightness. I am not sure whether the unit is dying or not because line 1 and line 2 buttons brightness also becoming dim. Is anyone else having this problem.
Just to be sure, you are using the wheel on the right side (brightness) and not the one on the left side (volume).
Not on a Telo. It's a touch pad that goes in increments.