Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#4906 by scottclark
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:51 am
Feel free to research the competitive landscape on this. You will NOT find this feature elsewhere (even on GrandCentral) so you would have an advantage

~~
I would like to use Multi-Ring, but cannot. Here's why:

I have a life.
My clients call all hours.

So it would be awesome to define working hours in the system that would:

* Send messages directly to voice mail after-hours (potentially with a different greeting)
* Start/Stop multi-ring based on working hours (e.g. cell phone doesn't ring at 11:00 PM at night!)

As it stands, I cannot use either of these features because my clients have little respect for my work/home life balance.
#8101 by scottclark
Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:34 am
It looks like Google Voice will have scheduling of multi-ring.

I could SO use this right now however. With GV in beta by invite only, who knows how long this will take.

I think more technologies need developed to help us all have a life. :-)
#8106 by Bobby B
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:21 am
Great suggestion -- this one's already on the product backlog. We've had requests for time-based Multi-Ring, DND and even blacklisting in the past. It would definitely be a useful feature to have.
#8366 by bryanlyle
Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 am
scottclark wrote:It looks like Google Voice will have scheduling of multi-ring.

I could SO use this right now however. With GV in beta by invite only, who knows how long this will take.

I think more technologies need developed to help us all have a life. :-)

Google Voice does have this and it works very well.

I work from home, so I have my office # forwarded to my home office (Ooma). At 6pm every day, Google Voice stops ringing my home office phone and sends them directly to my Google Voice voicemail. At 7am the next morning, it turns it "back on". So far, it has worked flawlessly.

Really excited to see how Google Voice features will be integrated with Ooma.
#8597 by ixnayus
Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:19 am
I very much agree. I'm in the same boat with regard to clients, and the ability to tell Ooma to go straight to voicemail on my business line between, say, 6pm and 8am, would be a godsend.

Don't you just love those 4am calls where they say, "Oh, I thought I'd just leave you a voicemail?"
#8603 by murphy
Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:28 am
It's not automatic but at 6PM press and hold the envelope button until it turns red. At 8AM press and hold the envelope button until the red turns off. No more calls in the middle of the night.