Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#70804 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm
My Hub is connected to UPS and we lost power for a few seconds last night.

This morning, I woke up and saw a weird light pattern on 1 of my Scouts.

1 Scout stayed blue, the other 2 had red tabs with 4 lit lights across the bottom.

The 4th one was weird in that all the buttons lit up red except the play button. If I am not mistaken (might have been too early in the morning), I think I even saw a blue light under the play button. :?
#70813 by ntoy
Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:36 pm
lbmofo wrote:My Hub is connected to UPS and we lost power for a few seconds last night.

This morning, I woke up and saw a weird light pattern on 1 of my Scouts.

1 Scout stayed blue, the other 2 had red tabs with 4 lit lights across the bottom.

The 4th one was weird in that all the buttons lit up red except the play button. If I am not mistaken (might have been too early in the morning), I think I even saw a blue light under the play button. :?

The scout with red tabs & bottom row lights indicate HPNA signal lost to the hub. Can always try wall2wall on hub&scout in question.

On the 4th, you may have accidentally pressed the key sequence for a speaker test:

Speaker test:
Press the Rewind,FF and trash button at the same time

Looks like all 4 scouts are ok now.
#70814 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:43 pm
Yes, power cycling the Scouts brought them back to life immediately but the one with all buttons lit except for the play button was looking weird (I found it that way this morning, I thought I even saw a blue light on the play button but I might have been 1/2 asleep).
#70817 by ntoy
Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 pm
lbmofo wrote:Yes, power cycling the Scouts brought them back to life immediately but the one with all buttons lit except for the play button was looking weird (I found it that way this morning, I thought I even saw a blue light on the play button but I might have been 1/2 asleep).

When all lights are on with a blue or purple play button, you can press keys one by one & they should go off. Also, if the speaker is turned up, you will hear a high pitch that may have been a rude awakening for you. Again, this would be triggered by pressing the correct key sequences.
#70825 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 pm
ntoy wrote:Speaker test:
Press the Rewind,FF and trash button at the same time

Thanks ntoy, I tried this and the speaker test sure works. This morning though, that 1 Scout had all the lights on including the blue play button but no sound. Must have been a fluke.

I played around and found another test?
Press the Rewind, FF, and the envelope button at the same time

Boy, someone at Ooma must have had some fun with this one.

It is like a button light show with strange noise; reminds me of this thread: viewtopic.php?t=10046

Here is what the Scout sounded like (turn down the volume, it may hurt your ears):
(118.08 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

The Hub did about the same thing except the tab cycled between blue and red only (unless my orange light is out on the Hub:))

Note: Scout may not stop with this light and sound show. Power cycling would just bring back the light show without the sound. Pressing the play button many times until voicemail playback kicks in stops the light show. If your tab is stuck on orange or red, power cycling after the voicemail playback working brings all back to normal.