Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#364 by chief
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 pm
Give us the option to shut the ooma music off. It can get annoying. Perhaps if one could log into the lounge and shut it off as an option would be nice. What do you think about this idea?
#365 by von
Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 am
I agree!

chief wrote:Give us the option to shut the ooma music off. It can get annoying. Perhaps if one could log into the lounge and shut it off as an option would be nice. What do you think about this idea?
#366 by Mojo
Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:23 am
Hi chief, currently there isn't a way to disable the connect tone in the ooma Lounge, but you can shoot an email off to customer support to disable the tone for your account.
#828 by voip-ninja
Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:44 pm
Just to resurrect this topic, I emailed customer support asking them to turn off the Ooma dial tone for my service and they responded that they can disable the connect tone only.

Does anyone know if Ooma will eventually offer the ability to disable the Ooma dial tone as well? The lack of standard dial tone will interfere with a lot of fax/data devices and services.

Thanks.
#10237 by southsound
Sun May 24, 2009 1:52 pm
Actually, some time ago ooma added the feature to disable the ooma connect tone in the lounge. Go to preferences, select the system tab and you will find a box to disable the ooma connect tone. You can also disable or enable 10-digit dialing from the same page.

The ooma dialtone is distinctive for a purpose. It lets you know that you are dialing through ooma and you will not be charged for any US call. I hae a separate landline and use two sets of cordless phones. If we have a guest, I let them know to listen to the little tune before dialing long distance. To me it is a small price to pay for free (after hardware purchase) calling.
#10249 by WayneDsr
Sun May 24, 2009 5:47 pm
Same here, I have a separate landline phone from ooma, but if ooma goes down the landline takes over. Hearing the regular dialtone is a warning that it's going to cost money for long distance. I wouldn't be without the tone.
It reminds me how much money I'm saving.

Wayne
#10250 by in2dadark
Sun May 24, 2009 7:52 pm
southsound wrote:Actually, some time ago ooma added the feature to disable the ooma connect tone in the lounge. Go to preferences, select the system tab and you will find a box to disable the ooma connect tone. You can also disable or enable 10-digit dialing from the same page.

The ooma dialtone is distinctive for a purpose. It lets you know that you are dialing through ooma and you will not be charged for any US call. I hae a separate landline and use two sets of cordless phones. If we have a guest, I let them know to listen to the little tune before dialing long distance. To me it is a small price to pay for free (after hardware purchase) calling.

This is about the dial tone, not the connect tone.
#10264 by niknak
Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 am

Exactly... if you hear the OOMA DT you know your call is routed through OOMA, if you hear a "normal" DT you know the call is routed through PSTN. It seems like a handy feature

The OOMA Connect tone can be disabled in the lounge as other posters have mentioned
#10267 by southsound
Mon May 25, 2009 8:13 am
in2dadark wrote:
southsound wrote:Actually, some time ago ooma added the feature to disable the ooma connect tone in the lounge. Go to preferences, select the system tab and you will find a box to disable the ooma connect tone. You can also disable or enable 10-digit dialing from the same page.

I think you may have missed the earlier reply to the OP by Mojo:
Mojo wrote:Hi chief, currently there isn't a way to disable the connect tone in the ooma Lounge, but you can shoot an email off to customer support to disable the tone for your account.

I think I addressed both the ooma dialtone and the connect tone in my reply. Many of us like the ooma dialtone and do not want to remove it. ooma may at some future time allow it to be removed from the lounge, but I really can't see why a person would find it enough of a problem to complain. Sorry if it is a bother to you.