Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#70326 by jevonjackson
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm
Will Ooma be releasing an app for the new Windows Phone 7? If so is there a time frame? I would be willing to pay for it and I'm sure many others would too. Thanks, J
#70328 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 pm
No answer for almost a week heh? :)

Android is next; early next year: viewtopic.php?t=8460#p66935

Then, maybe WP7 because why bother with RIM? :D
#70363 by ntoy
Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:21 am
jevonjackson wrote:Will Ooma be releasing an app for the new Windows Phone 7? If so is there a time frame? I would be willing to pay for it and I'm sure many others would too. Thanks, J


Hello,

Unfortunately, nothing in the current roadmap. As far as future, it's too hard to say at this time.
#72848 by FLX
Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:43 am
ntoy wrote:
jevonjackson wrote:Will Ooma be releasing an app for the new Windows Phone 7? If so is there a time frame? I would be willing to pay for it and I'm sure many others would too. Thanks, J


Hello,

Unfortunately, nothing in the current roadmap. As far as future, it's too hard to say at this time.



Well that sucks that is not even on the roadmap... It seems as Ooma is dragging its feet when it comes to keeping up with times… sad but true :|
#73008 by JTalbert
Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:31 pm
Unfortunately, the release of WP7 has been somewhat of a dud, there is no widespread adaption of the new OS yet.
With only about 1000 apps in the app store for WP7 and the slow sales, the bottom line is a business will need to be able to recoup the development costs of developing an app, and the WP7 market is not large enough right now for that to happen.

If the marketplace changes and WP7 catches on maybe it will change.
#74288 by jevonjackson
Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 pm
Last I checked WP7 had sold over 2 million phones and has about 7500 apps with no slowing down. Ooma needs to jump in on that action.
#74293 by Davesworld
Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 pm
You mean someone actually bought a WM7 powered device? News at 11 and my condolences.
#74300 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 pm
I think WP7 is alright. Not bad. Vast improvements over previous WM versions.
#74325 by scoutconnor
Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am
jevonjackson wrote:Last I checked WP7 had sold over 2 million phones and has about 7500 apps with no slowing down. Ooma needs to jump in on that action.


Two million may seem like a large number but when you look at Google activating 300,000+ Android devices per day, two million is quite small. Google activates two million Android phones every week.

WP7 has been out since November 6th 2010, that translates to only ~22,000 phones per day. But if you factor in that only 500,000 shipped from December 2nd to now, that means that only 8,300 phones per day have been sold since 12/2.

Android is selling 36.14 phones for every 1 WP7 phone shipped.

The iPhone 4 was expected to sell 1.5 million units on launch day. Apple sold 3 million units in the 3 weeks after the launch in June.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17727/ne ... d_to_worse
#78981 by Ely
Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:01 pm
jevonjackson wrote:Last I checked WP7 had sold over 2 million phones and has about 7500 apps with no slowing down. Ooma needs to jump in on that action.


+1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests